Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is this a dream or reality

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
Every time I closet eyes to nap or sleep the same image and story play out as if its really happening..

Storyline
Since the separation I decided to pick myself up and went out since I haven't been since my lil prince was born so I left him with my mom for the night and stepped out with the girls and I ran into my ex husband brother and he was asking how I was and how was my son I told him everything was great and it couldn't be better..well he went to keep telling I was look great and he wish me the best well after that night his brother called me telling me how much my ex husband missed me and regret leaving us well I told I didn't car as I moved on from the hurt and pain...

Again is this a dream or reality because the night I go out is this weekend and of course it hasn't happened yet
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Your mind can play some crazy tricks on you. Go out & have fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rsjmom2012
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I know it can but as far as going out the birthday girl canceled the girls night out so I'm stuck in the house with nowhere to go

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Bummer :(

You don't have anyone else to go with? Heck I'd even go see a movie by myself or do something if I had a sitter

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

I know it can but as far as going out the birthday girl canceled the girls night out so I'm stuck in the house with nowhere to go

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rsjmom2012
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:12 AM
No nobody I'm just gonna watch movies all weekend with my lil prince..I really didn't want to go out anyways

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Bummer :(

You don't have anyone else to go with? Heck I'd even go see a movie by myself or do something if I had a sitter

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Since you can't find a sitter just take the little guy with you at the mall.   Put him in the stroller and go window shopping or buy yourself some small and inexpensive.  No use sitting at home watching movies when you can at least get out about. 

Rsjmom2012
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I have a sitter I'm just not really the type to go out that's all..I feel like if I go out or drop him off to anybody I'm a bad mother..I've seen mothers my age out every night it every weekend and never have their children I just don't want to be like them

Quoting steviechick:

Since you can't find a sitter just take the little guy with you at the mall.   Put him in the stroller and go window shopping or buy yourself some small and inexpensive.  No use sitting at home watching movies when you can at least get out about. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Going out with friends while  your child is being watched isn't bad at all.  You need time for yourself and time to have fun away from your child.  You aren't a bad mother for wanting some free time.  It's actually healthy to get away and doing something good/fun for yourself.  You deserve 'me' time.  You don't have to go out every weekend.  Just every once and a while.   

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

I have a sitter I'm just not really the type to go out that's all..I feel like if I go out or drop him off to anybody I'm a bad mother..I've seen mothers my age out every night it every weekend and never have their children I just don't want to be like them

Quoting steviechick:

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM

First of all you are not a bad mother so long as your child is being taken care of. You can go out every weekend, if you really wanted to because he's likely asleep before you leave. Besides, one night is not going out every weekend.

Go out. Have fun.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting steviechick:

Bero2007
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM

going out once and awhile and leaving him with a sitter doesn't make you a bad mom. Remember you need time to yourself too. Esp now that you are going through a separation.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting steviechick:

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:59 AM
this is one night. Not every night. enjoy one night alone and spend the next day with him. everyone needs child free time.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting steviechick:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)