Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

looking for a friend

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:30 AM
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hi all,
I have posted her before. I am a newly single mom. Going through a divorce. I am looking for some friends here that I can call, hang out with, get to know. I lost a lot of my friends when I was married because my husband was abusing me and controlling me. I don't know how to be alone. It's hard to think about anything other than my abusive husband. It's been 2 months. I live in upper marlboro, md. Anyone willing to have a new friend, possible a best friend, please, please let me know. My boys are 2 and 7.
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I wish you were closer!

Good luck on your search:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM

It has only been two months? I know how you feel, the process you are going through is going to take time, especially if you are separated from an abusive man. They leave a lot of destruction in their wake. But, you are free from him now--that is a wonderful thing. Now you can put your life back together and really be happy. Can you reach out to any of your old friends, I bet a lot of them would welcome you back and be supportive. 

LauraMH
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:23 AM

It's nice to put a face to a name! I wish I was closer to you (I'm in Missouri) but if you need someone to talk to on here, feel free to message me! I understand the emotions you are going through right now, but I want you to know that it does get easier. With time comes healing. Reaching out to people is a wonderful first step. 

MomAmy77
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I live near Chicago so quite the distance . I do understand what you are going through though. I like you had the same toxic marriage . I am recently divorced . I had no friends coming out of it cause he was also abusive and very controlling . I'm trying to learn to be alone and it does bother me a lot . It's hard to think about others as well and all I do is think about ex . I don't get my feelings cause I ache but he treated me like crap and yet I hurt everyday . I hide it pretty good . I pray every night to release my feelings regarding ex . I get so pissed at myself cause I was treated like trash and yet it bothers me regarding him and my feelings . I can't figure out why I think the way I do . . My boys are 11 and 8 .  I'm trying to build me up and it's so hard and yes I'm hard on myself as well . I guess it is coming down to he is still controlling me in a way . . I'm here to talk if you need 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I don't live anywhere near you but if you want to chat in here I'll be your friend.  I've been in the same place you are now.  Alone and feeling hurt.  Give yourself time to grieve.  Cry if you have to.  Remember we all are here for you even though we are hundreds if not a few thousand miles away.

myhodge
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Thank all of you so much. I am hurting and hurting everyday and don't understand it sometimes. I feel good some days and bad others. He is on my mind all the time. I just found out he was served. I filed for absolute divorce back in May and he is now served. Ever since I found out which was on Wednesday, I have gotten to the point of feeling hurt all over again. True story, I went to emergency room yesterday. The doctor stated that I was anemic, dehydrated, and they had to give me oxygen. All of this was brought on by stress. The doctor stated that I have to relax but how do you do that. I am trying to control my thoughts but it is hard. I gotta take control back because I am allowing this guy to kill me still and he is not here.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I am in Northern Virginia. PM me anytime.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I'm glad you got out!  I'm in CA :(

superwoman39
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Have you gotten any counseling for yourself, or joined any support groups? You will get through this difficult time in your life. It might not seem like that now, but you will. Anytime you want or need to talk, send me a pm.
mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I don't know where you are at but im in Texas but ill talk anytime just message me.  I left my ex in April and while he was not physical with me he was very verbally abusive with me.  Hang in there momma the first few months are the hardest!  But once you realize that you got this it's all better from there.  I really thought when I left that I had just made a mistake but I kept telling myself your doing this for you and your son.  It's only been a few months but im happier now than ever.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)