Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Question/Advice?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM
  • 6 Replies

When my ex and I divorced I didn't take my maiden name back because of my kids. I am 28 weeks pregnant and I haven't heard from this bd since I told him. I found out that I am having a boy. My ex has my oldest to keep his family name going but my maiden name will die out. One of my brothers has no kids, the other has 2 but neither have his last name.  So I was thinking to put my maiden name for this baby's last name. Does anyone know if I can do that? I figured I would probably contact someone to find out for sure. I just don't want this baby to have my ex's last name since he isn't the father.

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Bump I'm not sure
smec769
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Yes you can. I had two children with an ex and kept his last name.  My third child I used and anonymous sperm donor and gave her my maiden name.  I also then hyphenated my last name with my maiden name so I had all the kid's last names.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM
You can name your child however you'd like (well maybe not anything with expletives).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Bump
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM

You can put any name on

Tashia07
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM

You can name your child whatever you want! You should keep your family name alive.  Start using your maiden name along with your married name. You will be able to stay connected to all of your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)