Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

new mom, and going through divorce

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

it's kinda hard to discuss, but i'm glad this is anoymous, , unfortunately i had to leave my huband , at the beginning of 3rd trimester, becuse of abuse, and i didn't have anywhere to go at first , but my dad came all the way 8 hrs from where he lived to come get me, and brought me back to live with him, 315 miles away from my orignal home, i just moved here in late may, and  i had to start over from acratch, i finally now have everything i need for the baby, and  i've got alot done, and  i just filed for divorce recently, and i have stopped communicating with my husband , and his family, it's hard to trust  anyone, i'm now playing the waiting game, to find out what he going to do next, so far the haven't bother me, my baby will be due in early september, and will also be going through custody in the near future, this is my first child. i spend most of my time in appointments, in prayer, and just found a new church where i'm living, i'm trying my best to keep my head up, but  i just wish i knew what was going to happen next. i'll just keep praying, and leave it to god to handle., i don't if anyone else out there is going through similar situation or not.

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Stay strong, I wish you the best of luck with your situation.  I hope bright days are ahead for you and the baby.  You were smart to get away before things turned worse.

Mariah-1987
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I haven't filed for divorce yet because I am pregnant. I am due next month and plan to file shortly after I have my son. This will be are 3 rd child. He went to prison for the second time when I was 3 months along and got out when I was 8 months and disappeared. I will have his rights terminated because this is complete abandonment. The worst part of the whole situation is our 6yr old dd not understanding why he didn't come home like he said he was. She told me last night that she thinks he has a new girlfriend and new kids that's why he didn't come back to us. No matter how heart broken I feel I know I have to stay strong for the 3 of them because I am their 1 constant, the only person that has always been there. I mean my parents are here and that is great but I am their only parent. Stay strong. Don't let him bully you. Its probably going to get bad before it gets better but it will get better. Best of luck and if you want to talk send me a message.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM

hugging

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Hugs!!!

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM
If he's abusive, you definitely were right to leave. It's tough starting over, but you can do it. You are blessed to have family to help. Your new church group will help you as well. Keep close to God and He will see you through the hard times.
bamababe1975
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:46 PM

(((HUGS))) and I know it's hard for you but you did the right thing.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)