Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeast infection or abuse? UPDATE

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 24 Replies
So my daughter's dad and I have been split up since she was 3 months old. He comes to visit once a week without fail. She is now 3.5. Last month she got a red swollen clitoris and surrounding tissue and I assumed it was from learning to wipe her own bottom. Then 2 weeks later it happened again. Flaming red, raw, swollen. When I asked why she had a sore bottom she said "Daddy pinches my bottom when he wipes it." She says he doesn't do it any other time then when she's going potty. She says no one else hurts her bottom. Today after my ex left I put her in the bath and she started complaining and I looked and its red and raw again! When I asked what happened she said "Daddy wiped my bottom with his pointer finger and pinched my bottom!" Pointer being index finger. I should add that I have sole custody and he visits at my house. Is this chronic yeast infection and coincidence?? I am taking her to her pedi tomorrow to have her look at it. Help?

UPDATE:

When we arrived at the doctors we went through the checkup like usual temp, bp, check for sore throat. She has ZERO other symptoms. When the doc asked if her bottom hurt my daughter blatantly tells her "Yeah cuz daddy pinched my bottom!" The doc called to set up an appointment with family services to have her interviewed but says she suspects it's just vaginitis which is very common at this age. She said the detail with which dd explains it is concerning though. Still 50/50 chance I guess :-(
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BunnyFlick
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Bump!

finnbar
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I am no expert but better safe than sorry. Do not leave him alone with her and definitely do not let him help wipe. Get her to her pedi and get documentation. Maybe it is yeast maybe he is abusing her. If there is a court order giving him visitation you must proceed carefully
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Talk to him about it. Tell him she can wipe herself and to not help her. He may think she still needs help or he may not realize he's hurting her, or he may be molesting her. Also ask the doctor to check her kidney. My friends dd was having constant yeast infections which turned out to be kidney problems.
Momto8kidsyay
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Go to the pediatrician. Let them help you. I'm leaning pretty heavily toward abuse.
sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I told him and he says he has no idea what she's talking about

Quoting cjsmom1:

Talk to him about it. Tell him she can wipe herself and to not help her. He may think she still needs help or he may not realize he's hurting her, or he may be molesting her. Also ask the doctor to check her kidney. My friends dd was having constant yeast infections which turned out to be kidney problems.

meglovesie11
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I dunno but I hope it's just improper technique and not foul stuff. Good luck
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Have you ever observed his cleaning/wiping technique? 

krisnkids
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Okay, just an observation. But she isn't going to be red and raw from one wipe. Take her to her ped.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Hugs!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM

No 3.5 year old is going to tell you that her father is doing something unecessary to her private area unless she herself knows that it's not what mommy normally does.  This is certainly a red flag.  I would take her to see her ped ASAP and then call your atty and report what's going on with the ex.  If anything stop the visitation between your ex and your daughter.  She can't defend herself at this age.  SO sorry this is happening!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)