Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Out of the woodwork

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

About a month ago I started seeing this guy and spending time with him to get to know him to see if it could/would turn into anything.  We are getting along very well and are enjoying our time together.  Well this past weekend it seems like something must have clicked or happened because I have had 4 guys I dated or went out with on dates send me text messages or try to contact me.  All of them I haven't spoken to in anywhere from 6 months to a year!  I have no clue why they all thought this weekend (when I was ironically spending time with him) to try to contact me.  One of them left a note stuck in the back door of my house because he had lost my phone number and had no other way to get ahold of me. 

I have no clue if its just because they sensed that I may actually be happy and enjoying myself or what the deal is, but I don't like it lol.  When I told him (the guy I'm getting to know) about it he just laughed and said I must be sending off happy vibes that others are picking up on and they are trying to rain on my parade lol.

Has anybody else had something like this happen?  What did you do?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, I wish I had five guys vying for my attention!  If you are seeing someone I would tell the others that you are.  That way they at least stop going after you.  My guess it that it's just a coincidence that this is happening.  As flattering and/or annoying as it is perhaps the ones that let you get away are having second thoughts.  At any rate, I'm happy that you are seeing someone.  He seems like a nice guy.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I did respond to them and politely said I was seeing someone else and to please not contact me again in the future.  It did make me happy that the guy I'm getting to know understood what was going on and did not get upset by it.

Quoting steviechick:

Well, I wish I had five guys vying for my attention!  If you are seeing someone I would tell the others that you are.  That way they at least stop going after you.  My guess it that it's just a coincidence that this is happening.  As flattering and/or annoying as it is perhaps the ones that let you get away are having second thoughts.  At any rate, I'm happy that you are seeing someone.  He seems like a nice guy.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Seems to be Murphy's Law . . . it's happened to me before, but I wasn't seeing anyone steadily at the time when they reappeared.

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:32 PM
That's just how it goes, no clue why. Seems it's always drought or flood lol. If you're into the new guy, tell the others and if you want, let them know your door may be open to them if this relationship doesn't work.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:35 PM
That's weird. Glad you're with someone now that's making you happy.
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Yes. Happened to me tonight actually. I was on FB talking to a guy I met online earlier tonight and after we are done talking, my phone rings and its my old fwb as I am on the phone with him I get an IM from a high school friend. Trust me. The attention is lovely but seriously? lmao

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)