Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Are you afraid of losing your job?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you think fear keeps you from realizing your full potential at your job?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
For many, fear keeps them from realizing their full potential at life. My fear has always been not reaching my full potential in whatever I do, so I tend try too hard, which can also be a problem at times.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My full potential lies away from my current job.  I can only go so far in my job as it's auto industry related.  I'm not about to go back to school and get an engineer's degree.   I'm at least lucky to have a good paying job since my divorce.  I can pay my bills and I do get bonuses at the end of the year.  Without a good paying job and bonuses, I wouldn't be able to live a dcent life as a single chick. 

sunforjulie
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! I fear all the time of losing my job. It happened to me last year and I'm terrified it'll happen again.

Saurusmom8
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I lost a job and it spiraled down hill from there. As a single mom having a good job is important.

I find it hard to balance a job and my son right now since I have had to take on more work to pay bills.

I know my full potential is on hold.. because my attention is sometimes divided. Not many understand and I could kick myself for not finsihing my degree earlier.. I listened to the fear. Live and learn.
Bribriesmom
by Valentina on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I was concerned and afraid after my supervisor told another coworker and I because he is in hot water, to take the heat off of him that he would fire one of us. That's exactly what he did, as of June 7th, I'm no longer employed, filed for child support, unemployment, and county assistance. It's hard, but it was the best thing that ever happened because that job was so stressful. I'm also seeking legal advice regarding the way everything happened.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I was laid off just over 2 years ago and I was sure it was the end of the world for me. After going to school until ex stopped paying child support I was offered my current job and life is good. I work for a community college, one of the benefits is that I can take 2 classes a semester at any state college or university and my work will pay for it. So I am working for my future, and to be honest, I love my job. I would be perfectly content to stay in this position for the next 20 years and retire.

breebree04
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I was laid off from my previous job and couldnt find another job for 2 yrs. As much as it sucked I dont let the fear of it happening again hold me back because I cant control it. If it happens again, it happens and I will deal with it. It took me 2 years to find another job but it was well worth the wait! I have an awesome job with amazing employers now. I dont see me ever losing this job unless it for some reason was my personal choice to leave

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM

No. I have never been afraid of losing my job.

achavez219
by Abby on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I have just because I'm in the banking industry. It doesn't keep me from realizing my full potential, if anything I try harder. But just as a back up, I'm trying to start up my own business so that I can have something to fall back on :)
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I used to be afraid of losing my job becoz it happened twice. Now i work alone on base and since my boss works other bases he relies on me a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)