Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The game sure has changed in 11 years

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi all...I am recently divorced and feel I am ready to at least consider going on a date lol...the problem is times have changed so much since I last dated I feel old and awkward. Dating sites just seem full of horny men...which is fine if that's what you're looking for. I want someone to have fun with and not necessarily base it all on sex..where do you go to find these elusive creatures?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
achavez219
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Hi :) I totally agree with you! I've been out of the dating scene for about 12 yrs & it's SOO different lol I tried the online dating but nothing more than a couple of dates resulted from it. I honestly don't know where to even begin looking since I'm not the bar scene type lol
mom2threebbz
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Its tough isnt it? I have met a few men from my kids sports and such but it seems eveyone in my age range has their own skeletons to deal with lol...I ask myself "why are they 40 and single, whats wrong with them"...theyre probably thinking the same about me lol

Quoting achavez219:

Hi :) I totally agree with you! I've been out of the dating scene for about 12 yrs & it's SOO different lol I tried the online dating but nothing more than a couple of dates resulted from it. I honestly don't know where to even begin looking since I'm not the bar scene type lol

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Maybe see if there are any local groups that relate to things you enjoy doing in your spare time? 

steviechick
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Hi and welcome to the group!

I'm on an on-line dating site (Match.com).  I decided to tak the plunge before I totally give up on guys and wait for someone to come along.  I'm 49 and that really doesn't look good for me - waiting.  I've tried to join meetup.com groups but there are only a handful in my area without me having to drive 25+ miles every Fri/Sat to get to these meetup groups.   I have joined a singles/divorce church group that meets on Sat nights.  So far I just show up at the church, hook-up with my gal pals there, listen to a great sermon, listen to great music (live band) then venture to dinner afterwards. At least it's something to do on a Sat night.  Besides going to meetup.com or getting your kids into a sports event it's going to be hard to find men the old fashioned way.  Not all of those guys on the on-line sites are pervs and sex addicts.  There are some good guys there.  You just have to weed through them and go on some dates to see if the guys are decent. 

achavez219
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Definitely! I'm starting to think I'll be single the rest of my life. Haha! I think the same thing! I'll be like "hmm you're 35, single, no kids, what's the deal?" Lol

Quoting mom2threebbz:

Its tough isnt it? I have met a few men from my kids sports and such but it seems eveyone in my age range has their own skeletons to deal with lol...I ask myself "why are they 40 and single, whats wrong with them"...theyre probably thinking the same about me lol

Quoting achavez219:

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM
It's not really that different. Horny men just looking to get laid are definitely not limited to dating sites, they're everywhere. You just have to be upfront and clear about what you're looking for. If he's not willing to wait, he's not worth your time anyway.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I wish i knew.  Ive been online dating and its absolute hell.  

mom2threebbz
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Ugh...

Quoting Stephd710:

I wish i knew.  Ive been online dating and its absolute hell.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN