Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I dont get it

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM
  • 11 Replies
Why is it that ppl who are on TANF get priority on their CS cases, than everyone else?!i had to re-open my case since the state never pursued to "locate" dd's sperm donor like back in April. The caseworker told me it would be a couple of weeks. Well fast foward to last week when i had to apply for TANF (my last resort) & literally the next day they are now trying to "locate" him again. This pissed me off because its not even like he's hiding!this fool is in broad daylight, has a job as a CNA & living with his gf...like wtf?!ugggh!
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:23 PM
The state will help but they want to hurry up and make the absent parent do their part too.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:35 PM

because tehy are trying to recoup the state's money. the dont care that much about us getting ours as long as we arent drawing aid.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Because if a parent is on TANF, the taxpayers are supporting the parent. If the state goes after the NCP then the ncp will be supporting the child(ren) not the public.

Musiq_Junkie
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I just feel they should have pushed more before i fell to this level so i wouldnt have to be on TANF in the first place.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Unfortunately there's so many deadbeat parents that the state is overwhelmed. Yes, they're quicker when you're getting aid because they want their money.
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I don't think they get priority. When a new tanf app is filed, it automatically kicks out forms for everything that is associated with it which includes child support. They have mass amounts of cases and can only do so much in a day. Some cases are easier, so they go quicker than others. I know it can take a looong time (my dd just got her 1st court date after waiting 3 years) and moms should keep in contact on the progress, but when dealing with the government, you just have to wait...
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM

because TANF is the state paying out money and they will take the money out of your child support before they give it to you. and they want their money.  

Musiq_Junkie
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM
My thing is this when i had to re-open her case back in April, the caseworker pretended like they would send that verification notice thing to his employer in a quick amount of time, especially being that i knew where & when he worked already. They never sent it off til the day after my TANF interview which was last week. So im just like "it took u all 3 months just for employment & address verification?!"

Quoting Robsessed98:

I don't think they get priority. When a new tanf app is filed, it automatically kicks out forms for everything that is associated with it which includes child support. They have mass amounts of cases and can only do so much in a day. Some cases are easier, so they go quicker than others. I know it can take a looong time (my dd just got her 1st court date after waiting 3 years) and moms should keep in contact on the progress, but when dealing with the government, you just have to wait...

victoriangavin
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Because your ex will have to pay back any tanf you collect plus interest so the state is making money

Jkia1boy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:37 AM
I'm sorry some of these casrworkers are just flat out lazy AND....can be nasty acting when you do keep calling about your case. You just have to keep staying on them don't let up!! They'll se you're serious!!

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

My thing is this when i had to re-open her case back in April, the caseworker pretended like they would send that verification notice thing to his employer in a quick amount of time, especially being that i knew where & when he worked already. They never sent it off til the day after my TANF interview which was last week. So im just like "it took u all 3 months just for employment & address verification?!"

Quoting Robsessed98:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN