Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Better life

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hello,
I just wanted to share that I want to share with all you ladies that I want a better life for my kids. Things have been crazy to say the least between me and my Co parent we have disagreements, miscommunication, and a little trust between us. Well last night, I decided to try something differently to have a better communication. In the past I say something and my Co parent assumes something different or he forgets. Now I am texting him after our conversation to confirm about what we discuss to decrease the miscommunication. So far it is working, I want for me and my Co parent to be better Co parents.
Have any of you ladies tried something different to make a better life for your kids?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Yes - for the time being I quit talking to him altogether . . . he stressed me to the max and it was translating to how I was dealing with the kids. It's been a nice break and my kids are doing better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maryloe
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM
That is good that you are not stress and your kids are doing great. It is nice to hear that you are taking care of yourself.

Quoting sid1083:

Yes - for the time being I quit talking to him altogether . . . he stressed me to the max and it was translating to how I was dealing with the kids. It's been a nice break and my kids are doing better.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I can't talk to my ex.  He's too mentally screwed up.  Unfortunately, he's taking his abuse out on our daughter.  Until he gets mental help, our daughter won't have anything to do with him. 

Glad to see you and your ex are working things out for the sake of your kids.

lnrmom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Any thing we have to discuss goes through his mother. We don't talk. Consequently, I don't discuss anything with his mother unless she asks specifically about something. Only difference is when major things happen (such as if she gets injured, IEP changes, etc). Most things just are left to me and I have ultimate say no matter what. But I also have a good relationship with his family. Just can't talk to him.

The peace transcends any stress of talking to him.

HopeAlive
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Hi there, Maryloe! It's so refreshing to hear your genuine care for your kids and your desire to give them the best life possible....it's clear that you truly love them! :) I'm sorry you've had some trouble with the co-parent...do conflict and communication with him seem to be the main issues, or are there other things that you feel are keeping your kids from a better life?

LuvMyZBoy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Kudos to you! I love this idea - It could work for any high-tension communication situation! It's amazing how what I said and what you heard can be so different...!?! How does that happen?? LOL

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Good for you! I'm glad it's working!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM

For us it just took time to get over hurt feelings. Plus I constantly remind him when I need something done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN