Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I asked a guy out...first time ever!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 13 Replies
So, met a guy on line...I like him but he seemed to quiet and anyway I asked him out lol because he seemed too passive and just want to meet him and see if we can you know have a future so non of us waste our time... Where shall I go with him?
Starbucks and a movie?
Dinner?
Any ideas??
Do you think it was wrong to be me the one that Asked out? Lol
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Movies are not good on a first date esp a blind one. I would make the first date short and sweet in case you dont like him. Personally I would just to coffee, or happy hour.

LagunaAlkaline
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I met my current boyfriend online and we met by going on a lunch date.  I agree that going to a movie on a first blind date is a bad idea.  Do something that enables you to get to know each other.

It's definitely not wrong to be the one who asked out :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go to Starbucks on the first date.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Definitely Starbucks or happy hour key word hour :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I actually went on a pof date tonight me and this guy just started talking online today..that was fast. He wanted to meet up asap and we both happened to be kidless. He is ok, really not intererested on my end gflad we just met for a quick drink and chat. Had a lot less hair than in his pics and he talked way too much about is divorce and ex. But he was nice.

steviechick
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I would do a lunch or dinner for a first blind date.  You want to talk and face each other for the first date.  Even though  you may  have emailed a few times a face-to-face is the best ice-braker for a first date.  That's what I plan on doing on my first date with my on-line guy.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I agree with this.  Something short and simple so that way if you two don't like each other you aren't stuck for a long period of time.   

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Movies are not good on a first date esp a blind one. I would make the first date short and sweet in case you dont like him. Personally I would just to coffee, or happy hour.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I think a lunch date or coffee where you can talk and get a feel for eachother is a good choice for a first date.

lnrmom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM

In my previous stint at being single and meeting people online, I always met them over lunch. If it was horrid, I had the "I have to get back to work" excuse. If it was awesome, we could set up a time to meet later for dinner/drinks/movie.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I would either do lunch, coffee, or drinks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN