Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is your baby the only one with their name?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 28 Replies

I named my daughter Caira (pronounced Ky-ra) . I came up with that name in 2005 after I got orders to Cairo, Egypt....I did see another girl with the name and exact same spelling on sprout ... her full name is Caira Alivia...

Interesting to see how many in this group have children with the same names...

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My sons first name is Bryan but he goes by his first and middle initials instead of Bryan.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Yes, my daughter is the only one with her name.  My boys' names are more common though.

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I named my daughter Conner, which was my maiden name.  I've only heard of one other female Conner but not sure how it was spelled since someone mentioned it to me in passing.  All the others we know with that name are boys and it's spelled Connor.

mybabiesmama916
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM

No but it is very rare, the only other one I have heard about lives in texas and happens to be a distant cousin that I never knew about until after I named her.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes and No. My older three sons have names of Prophets in the Bible so their names are not new, they are pretty common except for my second son. My boys names are more "common" than mine. I only met a girl named Angel once in my 33 years. It was was during the summer between 5th and 6th grade.
I've never met a boy with my oldest sons name, I met one boy with my second sons name. Last year my third son had a boy in his class with his same name. My youngest/fourth son has an uncommon name from the Bible that I thought I made up! I was going to name my youngest son Isaiah, Jeremiah or even Hezekiah, but I thought no those names are not unique enough.
I found out the name of my youngest son turns out to be the name of a celebrity's son... I found this out when he was about three months old, then soon after that my oldest son who was 10 at the time met a boy (also 10 at the time) with the same name, and lastly my mother in law had a friend who had a grandson who was 10 months old at the time who has the same name as my youngest son. My youngest son has the most unique/uncommon name of the four of my sons.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Caira Alivia - what a pretty name.  I've never heard of it before.

bethanne1023
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I was really upset to hear my daughter, Grace shares a birthday with another Grace. They actually have the same last name too!!! I'm not sure if they were born at the same hospital but that would be strange....
butterflymomss
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM
That's cute. I love names that are geared towards boys being used for girls. I really want to use Logan if I ever have another girl.

Quoting ivf_blessed:

I named my daughter Conner, which was my maiden name.  I've only heard of one other female Conner but not sure how it was spelled since someone mentioned it to me in passing.  All the others we know with that name are boys and it's spelled Connor.

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I have an Analisa and a Sharyce. I've seen both names with varying spellings.

butterflymomss
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Dd's name is Laurianna. Never heard of anyone else with that name but I have seen a few loriannes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)