Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Friend attracted

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

I know this isn't that major a thing, but I have a guy friend. He's a sweetheart and we text each other at work. I do this with a lot of friends, guys and girls. Anyway I'm thinking he's wanting more. He says things like "how are you hun" and  "morning gorgeous". I don't know if I'm reading more into this or what. I'm not the best at knowing a guy is interested until he kisses me. The thing is I'm not attracted to him, I think of him like a teddy bear. I'm just wondering if I should worry about it or wait and see if he brings anything up. If that does happen, how can I let him down without hurting him. Then again I could just be reading this the wrong way.

confused

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM

If you are just friends (to him) he wouldn't be calling you 'hun' and 'gorgeous'.  I would approach him and ask what's going on. 

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Have you heard him do this with other people? I have a few male friends who say things like that to a lot of their female friends. If you don't like it then thank him for the compliment but tell him it makes you uncomfortable.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Idk it sounds like he may want more talk to him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Thanks ladies. I don't know for sure if he calls other ladies this. It doesn't make me any more uncomfortable then compliments from anyone. I just worry that I might have to tell him I only like him as a friend. I'll just see what happens. Thank you all though for your replies and advice.

Barblicious
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I know a lot of flirty guys that call ALL women luv or Hun or hot stuff... They are flirts that thrive on female attention. 

If that is all he is doing it seems like nothing. If he was being more sexual in overtones or jokes then there might be something.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Tell him you are going on a date with some guy and see how he reacts.  

alexis_06
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:07 AM

why not just ask him? sounds like he kinda wants more..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)