Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

sick of being the only one who compromises

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have compromised on many things with the father od my baby since he wants to be a part of their life, when he can, but I don't want to compromise on the boy name I want to use. He continually tries to throw other names at me and I'm at the point where I'm just furious with him. Am I wrong for wanting just one thing to go my way?
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Co-parenting is full of compromise on both parts, like any relationship, only more important when it's about your child. Don't give in on what you think is best and force him to compromise too. As for the name, I think mom should have final say, just because. But, try to work with him and maybe let him choose the middle name or combine both choices into one. If he refuses and is an ass about it, guess what? Mom signs the birth certificate, so the baby will be named what you put on it.
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM

If the baby is not even born yet how are you compromising? Are you giving the baby his last name? you choosing the first name, and giving the baby his last name is a fair compromise.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Being a parent is full of compromises. What name have you picked out? What's his reason for not liking it?

luvynia
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM
With my son I was in a relationship with his father so we named him after the dad and the middle name is different so we call him by his middle name instead of the first unless I get mad at my son lol. My daughter I was alone through the all pregnancy and I ended up naming her by myself Sophia because it just seemed right and adele for the middle because I was so in love with her father that song somoneone like you was our song. She took my last name...and my son has his father's last name and its annoying and frusturating because he holds that over my head that we have a kid together so he tries to make things harder for me by threating to take it to court and not working it outside of the system as civil adults. With my daughter its hard doing it alone fully but its also nice because I have no ties. Point being is you will have this child the majority of the time and you should have the most say in the name because even though my son is named after his father I still had a say and offered for him to be named Michael because it was such a beautiful name to me. And Sophia fitted perfectly when she was born. So make compromises if it helps lessen stress but remember you are the mother and will have your child pretty much the majority of the time so you shouldn't have to have an approval from the father since you stated he will be in the babies life when he can. There is no when you can well be there for our child we are the ones who have to be there when this child comes in this world and we are the ones who stay up when they are sick or are hungry and pretty much were the ones who make all the appointments and support for the child. I also don't get child support for either child which is by choice so I don't have anything holding me back if I ever decide to move. Because I frankly don't want to be stuck because of one or in my case two sperms with a sense of direction.
youdontdefineme
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd name my child what I want regardless because if he isn't willing to compromise then why should you? That is how I see it. He isn't king of you! do what you want. Control is what most men are all about. Makes me SICK!

lucasmadre
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Let's see, you are carrying the baby, you are going to raise the baby, YOU are going to name the baby...case closed! Insist, make it something that is not even open for discussion! You can do it.... XO

Kaysmurf
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Thank you =]

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I gave my ex choices so he thought he was contributing but I picked glad I did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaysmurf
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I picked the name Liam, I have loved that name for a long time and he knows of this. He doesn't like it because "it sounds like a wimpy name" I'm trying to remind him that I get the final say and am being nice with having him help with the middle name or even choose it if he wishes but he won't agree with anything. He just throws other names at me all the time and complains about how much he doesn't like the name. I'm even thinking of letting the child have his last name, even though I don't believe that they should have it since we are not together, and that's my view on it. He's making it hard to try and be fair about things

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:45 AM

this - you choose the name. 

Quoting lucasmadre:

Let's see, you are carrying the baby, you are going to raise the baby, YOU are going to name the baby...case closed! Insist, make it something that is not even open for discussion! You can do it.... XO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)