Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Just wondering

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 26 Replies

I was wondering if any of your kids see right through their dad, I know kids are smart like that but I was wondering what age they can finally see through the fakeness and stand up for their moms who work hard for them.just a thought my son I guess bites his soon to be step mom everytime he sees her and I see this as a warning sign that he doesn't like her and his dad is blaming it on my son being frustrated on not being able talk sigh but I disagree with that statement 

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Eventually children start to see how one or both parents are. I would continue to create the best environment for my child that I could and would discipline him properly if he ever bit or hit someone his father is married to. He may also could benefit from some counseling (family or just you and him). He may not like her in your place around his father but he does need to be taught to respect her as a person.
MamaBernie
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I'm just concerned bc he never bites me or anyone else but her that she's doing something to him sigh 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM

You should probably talk to your pediatrition about these issues.  Your son shouldn't be physically attacking his father's gf.  I would worry about your son's attitude towards this gf and if she's doing something to cause all of this as well.  Talk to your ex about the issue.  Perhaps you both should attend the doctor's visit.

MamaBernie
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I agree I asked if she's disciplining him he said no  but I don't think my ex is telling the truth if I find out otherwise there's going to be a major problem with me blowing up on them. I see in the future my son not liking his dad bc whenever my son spends time with him it's always with his gf. I don't think I'm going to discipline him when it comes to what they say he's doing at their house bc his dad constantly lies so how am I going to believe him sigh this is a nightmare 

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM

His dad should discipline him for any behavior that happens at his house. Waiting for you to discipline him when he gets home totally goes against the whole goal of discipline. 

Whether you want to admit it or not, even if you aren't saying anything, your child knows you aren't very thrilled with the situation at day's house. That could well have a lot to do with your child's behavior while over there. 

Quoting MamaBernie:

I agree I asked if she's disciplining him he said no  but I don't think my ex is telling the truth if I find out otherwise there's going to be a major problem with me blowing up on them. I see in the future my son not liking his dad bc whenever my son spends time with him it's always with his gf. I don't think I'm going to discipline him when it comes to what they say he's doing at their house bc his dad constantly lies so how am I going to believe him sigh this is a nightmare 

v2011
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Wait, how old is your son?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM

biting is never ok.

and to be honest, even when your kid DOES see dad for who he is (if he is even bad) it wont make you feel any better.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM

if she lives with him guess what, a lot of time w dad will include her. is she supposed to go stay somewhere else cuz his kid came over? that being said, dad should spend quality one on one w him too.

the best thing for a kid is for mom and dad to be consistent, he should discipline him for stuff done on his watch, but you shouldnt contradict him either and if its wrong you should tell the kid it is wrong.

Quoting MamaBernie:

MamaBernie
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I'm not saying she shouldn't be around him but they never get time together one on one its always with her my son is not even two yet and she's the only one that gets bit by him so I feel that it's a major problem. I honestly wish he wouldn't see my son at all all he does is criticize my child anyway and never says anything good about how is that going to help his self esteem ya know
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM

How do you know what all goes on when he's with his dad?

Quoting MamaBernie:

I'm not saying she shouldn't be around him but they never get time together one on one its always with her my son is not even two yet and she's the only one that gets bit by him so I feel that it's a major problem. I honestly wish he wouldn't see my son at all all he does is criticize my child anyway and never says anything good about how is that going to help his self esteem ya know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)