Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Are you attracted to "older" men?

Posted by   + Show Post

Or do you prefer men closer to your own age?

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM
First...how old are you? And did you ever have uncertainty about dating younger?

I have had guys approx 5 years younger express interest but I worry that they will only want sex or be at a different point in their lives like being ready to start a family, while I have been there and done that. Or feeling insecure about my 40 year old body.

I would love it if some of the mamas who are dating younger could share about your relationship and your thoughts on these topics.

Quoting v2011:

I go younger.  My BF is 5 years younger than I am.  I've tried older, especially once I started dating again.  I was hoping for more mature.  Unfortunately, I did not find that to be the case. 

CrystalYaris
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:02 PM

When I was in the range of 18-24, I did not like men my age. I preferred them to be around 28-30 but no older than 30. I'm almost 27 and I'm not totally against guys my age, and would have never once thought about being with a much older man. Many people find this strange, but my current boyfriend will be 60 next week. He really doesn't look that old either. Even the daycare owner my son attends was shocked to hear how old he was (she had to confirm with one of her daycare workers that is related to him).

kitcal78
by Gigi on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM
My son's father is 10 years older then me. There is a guy who is 25 (I'm 34) trying to take me out. I'm hesitating.
kidlover2
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM
My ex-husband and I were 6 months apart. I had a guy that was 3 years younger express interest in me... It was just too weird for me and he seemed really immature. I just got married to my love who is almost 13 years older than me. It's not an issue at all until we start talking about dates. When he was graduating from highschool, I was graduating from kindergarten :)
Caitlin10081989
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I am attracted to older men. 

PAPASMOM1118
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I prefer my men older, they tend to be more mature than men my age.
Maryloe
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I prefer men in my age range(27) but it seems that they are not mature. The ones who are a good fit for me are (40-65), but I have never been in a relationship with that age range.
steph_hailee
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I like mature. I am currently talking with/ went on a date with a guy who is 44. I am 25 :)

Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I am 25 my bf is almost 38 does this answer your question
mcrred
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM

My BF is 11 years older.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN