Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should I take him to task?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Dear Ladies!!!

My husband walked out on me when he heard I was pregnant. He wanted me to abort this baby and I decided to have it. He made sure to make my 9 months difficult even by being apart. I did not even consider the fact that I was keeping his daighter from 1st marriage in my house like a daughter. One day when my baby was arounf 4 months, I could not take his rudeness anymore and told him to take his daughter away. He took all the stuff from furniture to bed linen frommy home with the anniuncement that he is going to set up an independent flat for his daughter, a plan which fell flat on his face. This has made him even more frustrated not to mention that he suffers from acute depression. He can sit in front of a laptop for 7 hours reading about footballers. Anyways he was totally out of touch for the past 16 month and recebtly he texted threatening to take my child when she is 7. Now why would he want a child which he wanted dead from day one. I guess he needa help. Well, I feel  I have ahd enough and now am planning to sue him in court for child maintnenance. He does not pay a single dime. I also plan to go for custody so he does'nt harrass me later in life. I want my daughter to be raised in a good environment and not become messed up like him.

Do share with me your thoughts, I feel I need all the support I can get!!

Thanks and Regards

Mrs. Amir

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Chunkymunkey922
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Ok I want to make sure I am following this correctly... You were married to him and raising his daughter. You got pregnant and he didn't want the baby so he left you and also left his daugjter with you then you sent his daughter back to him and now he's threatening to take your baby too?

If that's the case.. then yes take him to court and file custody. Document every threat, keep letters emails texts phone records etc.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Good for you!  Yes, take him to court to get child support as well as requesting sole physical and legal custody of your daughter.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM
File for custody that way he can't just take your dd. As far as support goes that's a decision only you can make.
mrs.amir
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Thank you ladies for your replies... I feel pretty confident that I am ready to go thru the legal battle should he continue to behave unreasonably..

steviechick
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:06 AM

You will do fine.  Remember what is most important - the welfare and well being of your daughter.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN