Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Needing some support and guidance

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello, I am new here! I just recently became a single mother. My son's father and I had a falling out and we ended up splitting up....it's been a rough few days needless to say! I am hoping I can get support and guidance here to help me through this because honestly I am scared. My son is 16 months old and is the light of my life and I know he brighten's his daddy's life to.
I am just at a loss over all this. I have no job or money and I've had to move in with my mom which I said I would never do no matter how my I love her. I am just fearing a lot with all this. Especially financially and emotionally. I know there are many single moms out there that are strong and have been doing it since day one. I had a blessing of having his dad with me by my side since day one. Any insight on some strength and hope or maybe what has helped you cope with being a single mother would be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S here's a few pics of my pride and joy!

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Michelle701
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
If your mom is willing to help be grateful to her. She can be your biggest support. Don't feel bad about getting a little help. I'm sorry you're alone. Being a single mom is tough, but remembering that you're raising a child you love with all your heart will help you get through. Do not fight over the stupid things with your ex; pick your battles. And pray!!
sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:27 AM
The beginning seems to be the hardest. Believe in yourself and your ability and just keep moving forward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmpdrs07
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with sid1083 on this one, the first few months or so are the absolute HARDEST!  But once you find your new normal, and your new self things will get easier.  I left my ex in April and I cannot tell you how many nights I wondered if I did the right thing and he was strung out of drugs.  But once I started finding myself again I knew I made the right decision and I realized how unhappy I had been for years and just wouldn't admit it to myself.  Try to focus on you and your son right now and be grateful for your mom helping you out while you need it.  I know I said the same thing and guess what I live in one of my moms duplexes.  Just keep hanging in there right now it seems like things will never get better but they will.  

proudmomma1107
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

What I did/do is anytime I get upset I look at my children or I cuddle with them and it makes me feel so much better. Just know that you are a mom which is hard sometimes so you can do anything!! Good luck hun!

v2011
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

You are going to work harder than you ever thought you could.  No matter what comes your way, you will realize that you have the strength to get thru it.  Set goals and make a plan to get there, maybe write it down.  You will find that you will be there sooner than you expected. First couple of years are the hardest, but then, I don't know, you get stronger, or used to it.  Don't forget that baby boy is going thru it too.  Give him some extra love and attention.  He's super cute. :)  

new2012mommy
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you all for kind and thoughtful words! I really do hope we can make it through. I would still like to try workig things out between his dad and I and i know his dad does to but for now we are no longer  together and I cannot give a time or date as to if and when we would work things out. Right now I am just focusing on my son and bettering things for him why we go through this difficult time in our lives. He means everything to me and I want to show him things will be okay.

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
It takes time and hard work to adjust, but you'll get there. Be thankful your mom is there for you and take any help you can get. Deal with one issue at a time so you're not overwhelmed and stay strong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)