Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Why us ....

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 24 Replies

I am a 31 year old single mother of two amazing children.. I am so lost and confused on so many things right now I dont even know where to begin . July 1st 2013 my husband beat me and our 10 year old son as well as verbally, mentally , and emotionally abused my 15 yer old daughter.. He was arrested but let out on bond the next day so as soon as I found out he was being released I packed a quick bag and we went to a battered woman shelter , now these places are suppose to help us but this one didnt ! So we left and are now living here and there . We have only one suit of clothing and nothing else . Any way ok so my x gets outta jail and starts stalking us it took me 3 weeks to finally get him locked back up where he belongs .. And now my kids and I feel safe . So I went back to our home to gather some clothing and etc. only to find EVERYTHING  we owned Gone clothes,bedroom suites , washer, dryer, etc ... EVERYTHING .... I filed a report but was told theres nothing they can do since hes in jail already . I have made a million and one phone calls to churches , defax, and etc. and I cant belive no one can help us . Now here I am a good mother, drug free , and wanting to better our lives yet I cant get help to get on my feet .. I dont get it . Now school starts in 2 weeks , I cant work due to disabilities , we have no car now , no home , no anything ... I dont know I cant even think anymore ..... If everyone who reads this can please pray for my children and I we need it ... Thank you`!

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmomma1107
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Im really sorry. Yall are in my thoughts n prayers! If you want help looking message me n Ill be more than happy to help
arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow.

Hope that you can find help soon.
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Help is out there, just stay strong and persistent and you find it. ((hugs))
susieQ680
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM

r u on ssi? for u disabilities?

v2011
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm so sorry you are going thru this.  It sounds similar to what my children and I went thru.  I had to pack a picnic basket full of clothing and run. No job, no home, just what I could carry.  The first thing you need to know is that there is a way to survive this.  Resources get really tight toward the end of the month.  Have you tried Volunteers of America? They usually have emergency services.  Walk into a church and ask for help.  If you know someone who goes regularly, have them take you. Call the numbers you have again and again, persistence pays off, don't take no for an answer.  If they have nothing ask if they know of another place that does.  You have to make noise to get help.  You have done the right thing by leaving him, you will get thru this.   Dont waste your time on dispair, focus on getting what your kids need. 

Shawna9803
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Yes , I recive $690.00 a month from ssi.

Shawna9803
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Thank you and I will give Volunteers of America a call now.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
praying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girlnextdoornco
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I really am sorry that you and your children are going through this. What a horrible experience! I know v2011 mentioned getting in touch with Volunteers of America. I also thought that the Salvation Army may be a source of help for you too. This is really a traumatic time for you and your kids, counseling is going to be an important aspect of recovery for all of you. I'm involved with a family ministry that provides free counseling over the phone with licensed therapists. If you'd like to take advantage of that you can call 1-855-771-4357 Mon-Fri. I will be praying for you too. Hugs!

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM

what do you mean by the shelter didn't help you?  what are you looking for the shelter to do?

i lived in a domestic violence shelter for 6 weeks with my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN