Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Might have a second job.. So excited.

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

So of course, I am a single mother. I work part time in the evening as a receptionist and I'm about 2 semesters away from graduating from college. My son's father is pretty much out of the picture, he pays nothing because my state feels they can't make him get a job so he doesn't need to pay child support. (I think it was my case worker who made this decision she was a bitch..) 

So basically I decided I need to get a second job; for now, until I graduate college and get my degree so I can work full time without worry about school anymore. I finally got a call today about a typist postion where I basically just go into court and type up everything that is said. They told me they really want me because I type between 130-150wpm depending on my energy that day lol. The only thing holding them back is a background check which I have to go in and do. They said as long as it comes back clean I'm hired. Well considering I'm 20 and the worst thing I've done is run a stop sign once I'll be good to go!

I'm excited but I was just curious if its hard having a second job in your opinions? Care to explain?

MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Soo happy for you! I am looking for a 2nd job too, so please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Btw - very impressive typing speed! :)
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Sounds cool!  Good luck with it.

zombieskayer
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Thank you! Everyone is always suprised when I tell them. I took a typing class in college and my professor said the goal was to type 55wpm by the end of the semester. I told her I already type over 100 and ended up having to show her infront of the clas sit was great. Good luck to you! Fingers are crossed!

Quoting Mamavelt:

Soo happy for you! I am looking for a 2nd job too, so please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Btw - very impressive typing speed! :)

MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Good luck!

MamaHens3
by Martica on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Good luck! 

arkmomma06
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Good luck
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I've never had a second job, but I'm sure you can pull it off if you have to. Are you talking about being a court reporter? If so, you can get certified and make pretty good money. I know a couple of women who do it and they also work on their own doing depositions and other legal matters. Good luck.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Good luck! I work full-time and have a part-time job. My part-time job is flexible and they only schedule me on days I say i can work.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:25 AM

good luck!!

i had a second job for almost 3 years..it was hard..i felt like i missed out on alot in my daughters life, although i know i really didnt...but it's what i had to do in order to provide..i just quit my second job back in february, and since then my MAIN job has opened up some doors for me, so i got a promotion, with a pay increase and more hours which has been nice...i went from 16 hrs a week to 32..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)