Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

officially crazy!! Advice Needed

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 9 Replies
Long story cut short,Left fulltime job cause it made sense at the moment, then not knowing this would happen separated from son's father, had to get my own apartment, working part time. He will not pay for child care even though he works fulltime. keep in mind he moved in with a friend. Now he drops our 2 yr old off at my door the mornings he has him. I now miss potential jobs I get calls for because I have my son. We have no family around. I don't have 10cent to my name and will lose my apt in Aug for no rent. I have applied for assistance to be put on waiting lists. He dosnt feel he needs to pay because its my fault I don't have fulltime work,and its my son-his words. We have joint custody and I just need to hear Im not insane and selfish like he says when I say we are going to court for child support, I have to survive!!!
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Why did you leave your job? And is there a chance you can go back to that job?
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Quoting virginiamama71:

Why did you leave your job?

Not that it matters much, but is there any way to go back?

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I was thinking that but did not type it...LOL. I edited it.
Quoting krisnkids:

Quoting virginiamama71:

Why did you leave your job?

Not that it matters much, but is there any way to go back?

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Have you filed for child support? Try local churches, salvation army, and good will becuase some have programs to help pay your rent or other utilities. Have you applied for daycare assistance through welfare?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

You're not insane, crazy or selfish.  Your son deserves child support and it's possible that you can also receive spousal support.

If you haven't already, in addition to applying for housing assistance, be sure you apply for medical, cash and food assistance to help you get on your feet.

Quoting cmarie490:

Long story cut short,Left fulltime job cause it made sense at the moment, then not knowing this would happen separated from son's father, had to get my own apartment, working part time. He will not pay for child care even though he works fulltime. keep in mind he moved in with a friend. Now he drops our 2 yr old off at my door the mornings he has him. I now miss potential jobs I get calls for because I have my son. We have no family around. I don't have 10cent to my name and will lose my apt in Aug for no rent. I have applied for assistance to be put on waiting lists. He dosnt feel he needs to pay because its my fault I don't have fulltime work,and its my son-his words. We have joint custody and I just need to hear Im not insane and selfish like he says when I say we are going to court for child support, I have to survive!!!

steviechick
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM

group hug

cmarie490
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I quit my job because the doctor I worked for was just as bad at putting me down as my sons father. I had enough of It all and when the words " your such a disappointment to my office" came out of his mouth I was done! right decision? proballey not. But a person can only take so much. I do have food assistance everything else im on waiting list.We are suppost to see a mediator next week for support is there a guideline to follow no matter what? Thank you guys for your feedback you gave me it means a lot!!!
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:43 PM

hugs!!

another-shoe
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM

what town?  do you have a homeless shelter?  I know you don't want to go, but go and tell them you are almost homeless.  there may be someone who is on a list who will take someone in for a short period of time.  there may be a habitat for humanity group in your area.  try to get on their list.   for immediate help, find someone who knows you to connect you will a transition charity.    do you have a church family? 

go today......   look ahead 1 year and imagine that you are doing the right thing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)