Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hooked one!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:39 AM
  • 18 Replies
3 moms liked this

Ive been online dating for 2 years with no luck.  Finally met a good one.  He's 39, no kids, divorced and he lives 40 minutes away.  The best part is that he is always asking ME to do things!  Ever since I started dating Ive felt like i have to make ALL the effort with guys and do all the planning.  This is a change for me.  He's come here and taken me to lunch twice and we did the dinner and a movie thing last weekend.  He's respectful and nice.  This weekend we are going to take a bike ride, he has two bikes and rides all the time and I've been wanting to start.  Im excited!  The only bad thing is that he is a union pipeliner so when he works, he's gone for months at a time.  But i just keep telling myself i will cross that bridge when we get there. Not gonna fret about it now.  He said he usually works all winter and takes summers off.  

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I think not worrying about it now is best. The relationship is still new, don't start stressing about things. Just take it day by day and enjoy yourself. If it becomes serious that would be something to deal with them. Congrats and good luck. big smile mini

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Good luck. I'm a little bitter, bc the good one I thought I had turned out to be like all the rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Lucky you!  I'm excited for you, but like the other poster said don't worry about the long winter away.  Perhaps you can still see him on the weekend.  I'm sure has some downtime so a visit from a friend would be nice.  I hope you continue to see this guy. 

mmpdrs07
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Congrats I just found one like that as well.  It's been kinda nice having someone else to ask me to do things and not have to beg to do something.  He's been around a month now and things are still going good!  He comes to me and if we go somewhere besides just sitting around the house he's always asked if I wanted to be picked up or will I meet him (giving me the option).  My son really likes him and he likes my son as well so a plus too.  So far so good and im not rushing anything and im totally happy with this man and he's happy with me as well.  

mmpdrs07
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Oh and he handles it well knowing I have a crazy ex.  That's also a plus for me, im trying to make my ex uncrazy but I don't think that happens LOL.  

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Good for you :) You're right, cross the bridges when you get to them. If you worry about it now, you won't enjoy getting to know him as much.
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Yes I have lots of personal time at work so when my girls are gone, I'm sure I could take a long weekend like once a month or so.  

Quoting steviechick:

Lucky you!  I'm excited for you, but like the other poster said don't worry about the long winter away.  Perhaps you can still see him on the weekend.  I'm sure has some downtime so a visit from a friend would be nice.  I hope you continue to see this guy. 

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I love that before I can think to ask him about our next date, he already has something planned.  Im used to having to beg for time, its so nice knowing that he WANTS to spend time with me.  He hasnt met my girls yet, im going to wait a few months for that.  Plus he's super cute.  LOL!  He said the other day that he usually comes to my town for shopping because there is more places.  Then he said "I wont have to cram all my shopping into one day because it looks like I will be here a lot more."   Say it with me....awwwww!  LOL!  

Quoting mmpdrs07:

Congrats I just found one like that as well.  It's been kinda nice having someone else to ask me to do things and not have to beg to do something.  He's been around a month now and things are still going good!  He comes to me and if we go somewhere besides just sitting around the house he's always asked if I wanted to be picked up or will I meet him (giving me the option).  My son really likes him and he likes my son as well so a plus too.  So far so good and im not rushing anything and im totally happy with this man and he's happy with me as well.  

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)