Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

None of his family has asks about DD for over two months, now his mom demands a pic???

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 30 Replies
My DD is 8 months old. Her father hasn't seen her since June 3rd even after I made many attempts and accommodated him beyond what I needed to. He last asked to see her on fathers day, and wanted her at his aunts for a BBQ. She was sick (turns out she had a UTI that eventually turned into a kidney infection...all better now!) so I told him she had to stay home but he could visit her at my house. Theres no court ordered visitation, and I will not allow him to take her. He never said yes or no, and never showed up. I stopped trying to get him to visit, and he has asked once (July 2nd) about how she is. He doesn't want to do visitation when I say, yet he won't give me times. He's been threatening court for MONTHS.

His mom and sister haven't asked about her in nearly three months. I sent pictures, I text them about what she's learning, and no response. I ended up quitting sending all that to them.

His mom just text me ”may I have a pic of my granddaughter?” after fully knowing she had a kidney infection and hasn't heard about her in months. She just demands a pic.

Should I send one?
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't see that as a demand, but rather a request.  I would tell the father to send her a pic.  ;) 

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Lol the most recent pics he has are ones from 2 months ago at his last visit! I send him nothing. He never asks. Kind of rude of her...it was 10pm here when she sent the text, and it's from a random number.
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Sounds like "she" may actually be him?  

usmchoney
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:24 AM
This, but I would send a pic

Quoting heretolisten:

I don't see that as a demand, but rather a request.  I would tell the father to send her a pic.  ;) 

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM
She lives 8 hours away, and the area code was from the area she lives in.
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

It's entirely up to you.  I guess if it were me I would play dumb and since I don't recognize the number, despite the "identification", I wouldn't feel obligated to send her anything.  Just forget it happened.  If she asks again, maybe consider it, but for now, I would ignore it. 

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I would send her a picture. It sounds like she requested to see a picture and it's not something worth holding a grudge about. IMO you are asking and expecting  a lot from his family. If they lived closer I could understand but that's a ridiculously long drive. Also, you and his family don't have a good relationship so it's probably not a normal thing to want to call or reach out to you.

If I were you I'd stop calling and texting them unless they reach out first.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing wrong with sending the grandmother a picture.  I wouldn't hold a grudge based on what your ex did to you.  I also wouldn't expect anything from the family.  It's up to them to send gifts, etc. and not up to to demand anything.  Let them reach out further as far as their grandchild is concerned. 

MixtlisMomme
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

eh sounds like my dd grandma...she will only text me to know about dd if the dad hasnt taken her in weeks, which upsets me because if she really cared she would say "how is my grand-daughter?'' whenever regardles if she has seen her or not but whatever. When I send her pictures of my daughter she never replies yet when she wants one she expects me to send her...AND I DO..for my conscience and I do it all for my daughter NOT FOR HER.

alexis_06
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM

i wouldnt...but thats cuz i feel like more of an effort should be put forward before being allowed to receive a picture.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN