Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how to deal w bio dad playing emotional games

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 20 Replies

I have been divorced from my sons bio dad almost from the time I gave birth,My lo is 2.Bio dad got married but always tried to send sexy emails and texts.He tried and tried to sleep with me.

I sent a clear text yesterday saying "please contact me about love, sex or romace when you are unmarried, single, solo and available"

since then he has been playing emotional games and saying the f word with almost everything he says and accusing me of never loving him etc etc...I am so bothered by al this.I loved him and I love him but he has way too many issues as we can see and he clearly chose someone else

how do I deal with this?

thanks

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m3ks
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Bump
Same situation
ballerossandra
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM

have you done anything? I deleted his number as to avoid being tempted to text back and I delete texts from him as soon as I get it but it is still nerveracking. he is not abusive in a way that I can report  hom to cops .So asking for an order won't work

Quoting m3ks:

Bump
Same situation

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Ignore him as much as possible. Only text or call when it's about your son. Eventually he'll get the hint.
cholita1978
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Ex did the same thing, what phone company do you have? I have Sprint and they let you block unwanted texts, I blocked xhusband from texting me (he started doing the same as your x, and he has a gf) he's allow to call and talk to dd, but if he wants to talk to me is only via e-mail.
pedritosmama
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

A good website to use for communication is Our Family Wizard.

Check it out.  It keeps track of all communication, and allows the court to see your messages to each other.  So if you stop communicating with him via text/phone and only communicate through this website, then he will HAVE TO keep it clean because the courts can see what he says.

Emotionally, you need to move on from him.  He does not sound like the type of guy you want as a partner.  He has chosen someone else.  Take the steps you need to take to stop loving him. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

group hug

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Only respond to messages or calls pertaining to your child.

woodstock525
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:32 PM

If he says anything not related to your child, just redirect.  Tell him, I will only discuss things having to do with our child.  What does this have to do with X (child)?  Hang up on him if it has nothing to do with the child.  If he sends you texts or emails that are inappropriate, maybe it's time to forward them to his new woman.

ballerossandra
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I did that already and she asked me to keep all issues between him and I

Quoting woodstock525:

If he says anything not related to your child, just redirect.  Tell him, I will only discuss things having to do with our child.  What does this have to do with X (child)?  Hang up on him if it has nothing to do with the child.  If he sends you texts or emails that are inappropriate, maybe it's time to forward them to his new woman.

woodstock525
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Make copies of all the texts and emails.  Do not communicate via phone.  Take these copies to your attorney and spend the $100 or $200 to have him write your ex a strongly worded letter sent via registered mail.  See if that doesn't help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN