Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

feeling overwhelmed

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

I've been a single mom before. but it was years ago, and it was just me and my 2 kids. Now its me and 4 kids. I'm stressing out about how I'm going to make ends meet. I hate having to admit it, but i'm going to need state assistance temporarily. I have to go back to work, and I haven't had a job in my field in 7 years. I'm almost 30, and the kids and I will have to stay with my parents for a little bit until I get on my feet. I hate being a grown adult, and having to ask my parents for help. End rant

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM

You can do this. It will take some help from others and some time to get to where you want to be, but trust in yourself that it will happen.hugs

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM

BTDT, but it's ok and your parents will understand.  

Don't be ashamed to ask for help (either from the government or your parents).  It's there for a reason.

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

I've been a single mom before. but it was years ago, and it was just me and my 2 kids. Now its me and 4 kids. I'm stressing out about how I'm going to make ends meet. I hate having to admit it, but i'm going to need state assistance temporarily. I have to go back to work, and I haven't had a job in my field in 7 years. I'm almost 30, and the kids and I will have to stay with my parents for a little bit until I get on my feet. I hate being a grown adult, and having to ask my parents for help. End rant

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
You can do it. Apply for jobs where you can and take advantage of the state help you can get. Use their resources to help find a job.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

group hug

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I agree with this. 

Quoting cjsmom1:

You can do it. Apply for jobs where you can and take advantage of the state help you can get. Use their resources to help find a job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN