Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

what do you do for "me time"

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 34 Replies
I'm finding myself being resentful towards friends and Co workers and such BC they have the time and means (funds) to go out and have fun. What do you ladies do for me time that helps you stay sane?
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I have the same jealousy. I don't get me time. I am stuck day in and day out with my kids.
lauraash06
by Ashley on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I am too.....well with my son.

Quoting mrsary:

I have the same jealousy. I don't get me time. I am stuck day in and day out with my kids.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I write fan fiction and draw fan art.

My kiddo is older, though, and a little more self sufficient.  I got back into writing and drawing when she was around 6, 7 yrs old after taking a very lengthy hiatus.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I have me time when my son goes overnight on Friday than sometimes again on Saturday with his father. But I find myself doing nothing. LOL

proudmommy270
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Whenever my dd is asleep, I usually read a novel or watch a movie. I wake up very early in the morning so I can have 'me time'..there is just something so peaceful about waking up when the sun is first coming up and grabbing a cup of coffee and a good book to make the morning perfect!

sunshine389142
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Me time....lol.  I don't get me time. my DD is with me 100% of the time (except when I am at work).  I could if I wanted to, but I have not made special time for myself like I probably should - but my ex just moved to NC in may and it is not always easy for her.  I am hoping to start taking an evening here and there soon-ish once DD settles into kindergarten.

dstarr347
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I crochet,knit and read. My kids are older now so I can get more me time. I was where you are when they were younger but I would take them to the library and check out books or videos.Sometimes the library had free movies they would show and we would go there. When we got home I would read them all their books to them. Many times we would go to the park and have picnics and play. Those are things that they talk about now that they are older which they remember as the times we really bonded as a family.I have taken them to Disneyland and Knots,Universal Studios and places like that when the economy was better but nowadays those excursions are super expensive. I feel your pain.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Read, shop, clean, meet up with girlfriends or go hang out with my parents or my older son.

kmphillips73
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM

What's "Me Time"? Seriously though, I work my own business, take care of the house and kids, and go to college. I wish I was able. I suppose the most time I have for myself lately is working on my business but it's ok with me because it's going to allow me to have free time and money in the near future.

alexis_06
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

my me time is when my daughter goes to bed...i'm a night owl, so from 930ish til i go to bed at 1-2ish..i plant my butt on the couch and watch my shows!  :)  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN