Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

They jealous because you all have two parents.... they only have one

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
This is what my elder neighbor, told a brother and sister , that the other neighbor kids who have only one parent are jealous. First of all she shouldnt be putting this garbage in their mind. Most kids dont have a concept, that my friends who have two parents are better than my family. This particular family that she was addressing have,way less than my children and the other single mom children. My kids have bikes, nice clothes, clean, plenty of foods, always going to museums, playgrounds etc. The kids with two parents dont have bikes, no nice clothes, dont really go no where. Dont misconstrued my wordz, im not putting them down, im just stating facts. And i would never encouraged my children to do the same. But some old fashioned thinking people, think that a single mother or father, cant provide for family. I say dont believe it! My oldest son is in college, my other 3 are honor roll students. So my neighbor need to have a seat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I think some people take joy in trying t make others feel bad about themselves. Perhaps to make them feel better? idk I just IGNORE and say step aside fool haha.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Everyone needs to stop looking at what everyone else has and does not have and just pay attention to ourselves.
katemckenzie
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM

That's sad. :(

Chunkymunkey922
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Not saying what she said was right... But maybe the kids had noticed things that other kids have that thwy dont so she was just trying to comfort them?
alexis_06
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM

that is sad..she needs to mind her own business!!

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I don't think that's something appropriate to say to a child. Although like a pp said kids are very observant and may have said something.

proudmommy270
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM

That is a horrible thing to say a child. It seems as if these days, adults are doing alot more bullying.

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM
First off, kids with 2 parents are not "better" than your family. Personally, I'd tell the mom of those kids what the woman said and let her handle it for them, then I'd march over and thoroughly educate her myself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN