Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so quick to meet the kid(s)

Posted by   + Show Post
Why? Why are men so quick to meet the kids? I've had numerous men that have no problem meeting my child, even so much as trying to talk me into it. Saying things such as, "you can't have friends?". This question stems from a man that I've known for about 9 months. He claims that he just wants to see me but with my busy schedule and his busy schedule...we've only seen eachother about 3 times. And we've only ever kissed. He's not the first one to have no problem coming around my child. So I'm just tryin to figure out why!
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I agree with the others. He is interested in becoming more than friends and wants to check things out (your parenting. how ds interacts with him...). If you're interested in him, I see nothing wrong with "accidentally" running into mommy's friend at the park or McD's and hanging out. I wouldn't do it often though so ds won't have a chance to get attached to him. I also wouldn't have him over or take ds on dates with y'all until you think it's going somewhere.
shymom835
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Hello,

maybe he's curious to know or meet your kids?

maybe he want to see at work doing your motherhood duties.

does he have children of his own?

good luck

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I can see both sides of the argument. I think you should wait until you're comfortable bringing him around your son.

mom_of_twingirl
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I would not want anyone meeting my kids until we have known each other about 6 months. I am weird and don't think that it is right for the kids to meet anyone, unless it is with a group of friends. I don't want to introduce my girls to different guys.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM

i think, if you are not comfortable with them meeting, then dont let it happen...simple as that...

one_on_the_way
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Do you ever use your children as an excuse as to why you can't see him?  If so, why?   It may be that the only way he feels he can spend time with you is if he spends time with you and your kids.  And, it isn't a silly question...."you can't have friends?" makes sense if you're not in a position to introduce him as a father-figure.  

Sj218
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I introduced my DS (9) to one guy I dated...he didn't like him. They got along fine, but my son told me afterward how the guy just bragged and was a know it all. It took me two more weeks, but he was right. DS has met one other guy, but he was someone that also knew my exh and we all had mutual friends, so it wasn't a stranger. And we never really got serious, just became an awesome friendship.

I think I'll def wait a few months if I decide to introduce my son to someone again.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had a few guys say something similar to that as well but it is something that I am very stubborn about and will not give in on.  Until I'm sure its serious and going somewhere and we've been seeing each other for a while they will not meet.

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:32 AM

lol that reminds me of when my b/f & i were just friends. he was so persistent about meeting dd & the rest of my family...i was more nervous than scared.but ffrom the first time they  met each other they've been buddies lol.he does everything with her.

NovaChick26
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:12 PM

honestly I feel like some guys are pushy about it because they feel like if your more open to letting them see you more often and more in your personal life maybe some how that means sex for them . Also I think guys see it differently then single moms do especially guys who dont have kids dont understand why its important to hold off introducing them to the kids. I know I wouldnt introduce someone to my kid until I had known the guy for awhile and see that its a stable relationship , I think the worst thing is to have a revolving door of men around kids and even if you introduce the guy to your child as just a friend , kids are smart enough to put 2 and 2 together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)