Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sick day rules

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 14 Replies
If your child stays home from school because they are sick what are your rules? (Play, food, tv etc)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine need to lay either in bed or on the couch, eat mild foods (soup, toast, etc).

alexis_06
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM

she usually stays on the couch watching tv, or goes back to bed..as for food..usually when shes sick she doesnt eat, but she drinks gingerale and maybe has some dry toast

alexis_06
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM

then again it depends on what kind of sick...cuz if shes home with just a cold (the school doesnt want them there when they have a cold for the first 2 days) then we hang out..lol..go to the mall, go for lunch..etc..i quite enjoy those days :)

however, i will make sure she continues to read, and i will give her some worksheets to do.

proudmomma1107
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Mine lay in bed and rest.
Jessicamarquez
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Lay in bed and rest no tv nothing what so ever eat what I'm serving and that's that if your so sick to go to school every thing must be hurting is what my mom used to say made it less appealing to fake sick lol so I will be doing the same thing
Robsessed98
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Stay in bed or on the couch, watch tv or play on laptop and eat what sounds good, as long as it's not just candy or junk. BUT, if the turns out they're faking, they stay in bed and spend the day and night with nothing to do but look at four walls and the ceiling.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM

He either lays in his bed resting and watching movies or lays on the couch.  Depending on what is wrong will depend on what he eats/drinks.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM

He spends the day resting. He can eat whatever he wants.

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM
My kids have to be pretty sick to stay at home...a cold does not count.
They have to lay in bed..tv is fine.
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Depends on the sickness what he eats but no rowdy play and no extra curriculars (no sports practice, no going anywhere fun, etc). If you're too sick to go to school, you're too sick to do anything else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN