Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating Time

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 29 Replies

By us all being single parents, when do you find the time to date? Also how soon did you wait after your break up in order to decide to get into a brand new relationship? Me, it's kind of hard due to the fact that I don't want just  anyone around my children. Also I don't want to waste anymore time with the wrong guy.

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM
4 moms liked this

What's dating? lol

libramoon007
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I haven't dated since I was pregnant. 

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM
You'll know when you're ready to start dating again and when you are, you'll find a way to juggle things to make some time. Odds are you will waste time on at least one wrong one, but there's not really a way around that without a crystal ball. Be upfront from hello about having a child that comes first and don't bring a guy around until you're sure it's headed somewhere. Kids get attached too easily and it can damage them if too many bf's come and go. Just ease into things, set your standards high and never waste your time on one that doesn't fit your criteria for a potential keeper.
mom_of_twingirl
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I haven't dated since we split which was 14 months ago. I don't want just anyone around my girls either.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:42 AM

i dont know, i havent been on a date in 10yrs!

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

and thats NOT by choice!! guys just arent interested in me  :(

mmpdrs07
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I agree that you will know when its time again.  I thought when I left my ex that I would remain single for a very very long time.  Well it didn't quite happen that way, I left him in April and started seeing someone the end of June.  It was kinda quick but I am totally over my ex and was that way before I left him and this guy so far has been amazing.  You will know when your ready and just like someone said you will make time for it.

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:21 AM

My kids are teens so I can date whenever I want. I have been on a couple dates since my now ex and I split up, but nothing major. When my kids were little, I would just make arrangements with a friend to keep them for me or they'd go to my sister's house for the weekend.

s.osborne
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this

This EXACTLY. I lay it all out from the get-go. I'm completely honest and don't even play that little game where everyone is nice and shy in the beginning. I'm an obnoxious, honest, blunt person anyway though.

Quoting Robsessed98:

You'll know when you're ready to start dating again and when you are, you'll find a way to juggle things to make some time. Odds are you will waste time on at least one wrong one, but there's not really a way around that without a crystal ball. Be upfront from hello about having a child that comes first and don't bring a guy around until you're sure it's headed somewhere. Kids get attached too easily and it can damage them if too many bf's come and go. Just ease into things, set your standards high and never waste your time on one that doesn't fit your criteria for a potential keeper.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I go out on the nights/days my son is with his dad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)