Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Venting.....how the hell did my child support case get denied?!?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 15 Replies

Background info...My sons 4 1/2 he was born in 2008. I filed for child-support soon after but never received anything.The father was incarcerated in 2009 my case was closed until later when he was released. He became in contact with me threw his brother who was the only person in his family that stayed in contact with me for son.The father tried to win me back but I had no interest except for my son having his father in his life..I reopened my child-support case again. Later in 2011 my child-support case was closed by the county I live in because the father was incarcerated  AGAIN for reason I did not know , then. December 2012 I wrote one letter to my sons father pretty much giving him a piece of my mind he responded very nicely asking for pictures and etc, I never responded (didn't want to). Feb 21st 2013 he was released, the child-support office told me I could reopen my case so Feb 22nd I reapplied. As I was getting as much info as I could on him I found out he was and is now a Registered Sex Offender 290. So I'm assuming this is why he was recently incarcerated this last time. 

Flash forward....Today I went to court because although I could care less if he ever gets visitation right with my son I do think he should still support my son. I'm in school and had to leave early to attend court. The asshole never showed. I waited for 2hrs just to be told by the judge that since they had no evidence he was released he had to deny my case...WTF!!! 

First of all as a Registered 290 Sex Offeneder you have to report your address...HIS IS ONLINE SHOWING WHY HE WAS ARRESETED W/HIS PIC AND SHOWING HIS ADDRESS!

Secondly the child-support served him...not me so how the hell did they not have evidence he was released?!?

Thirdly....the child-support denied my case in Jan 2013 because he was still incarcerated told me he would be released Feb 21st and for me not to reapply till he was out. So how in the hell do they not know he's no longer incarcerated? 

I was so angry, here he is going about his life making more and more babies with different women, not taking care of any of them including mine and I take 2hrs of class time out and pay the stupid $7 parking fee just to be denied!!! I'm still teary eyed over this....

Btw yes I did call my local support office and they apologized to me even saying that it made no sense to why he denied me but they will pursue this case further. Didn't make me feel better but what am I supposed to do?

Vent over...thanks for listening =/

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thelilbabymama
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
id suggest applying for any sort of state aid if you don't get anything already. if you get something like medicaid, THEY will go after him with their lawyers and whatnot, which works much better than doing it yourself. I don't even receive medicaid anymore, but I still have the child support order in effect from when they took him to court and so I get that money every month!
reynab27
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I just applied and just this moth started to recieve cash aid, thats why they said the would pursue this case. I'm soo annoyed by this whole thing.

shymom835
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this

HELLO,

I Feel your pain.

i am in the same boat as you are with the exception my daughter father has stopped taking care of her because he thought it was all about me when in reality it isn't about me. it's about our daughter. No he is not the type to run around and sleep with other women although he claims he never cheated on me while i was pregnant with our daughter. Over time i have forgiven him although it was hard decision for me to do. he is the father of our daughter but not at all a registered sex offender. i feel for you and what you are going through right now. All you can do is pray and ask GOD for forgiveness. As my mom always said and told me your not the first nor the last women to raise a child on your own. Men will be men sleeping around town with different area codes of low class hoes. You have tried repeatly to meet you half to care for your child but he doesn't care at this point so my advice to you is move on forward with your life and continue your education because your childs father is an embarrassment!

wish the best of luck...

And welcome to the singlehood of motherhood!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Wow, I'd be pissed, too. But, there's glitches in the system. Sounds like either a copy of his release didn't make it to the court's file (which is different than the cs office file) or wasn't entered in the computer correctly. I had a missing paperwork issue come up once, so the judge called a recess to give them time to find it, which is what he should have done for you. Stay on the office's ass and call them weekly to make sure they don't drop the ball again.
reynab27
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Thanks ma, I appreciate this. I thought I was going to get bashed to be honest. I was talking to my girlfriend in Texas about this situation and her response was "Aren't you concerned about your sons safety?" Ugh child-support to me and visitation in my eyes are two different things, and like you said he isn't showing interest in my son at all...so I highly doubt visitation will be an issue in my case. Glad I know I'm not alone...Thanks Shymom guess someones not so shy lol jk

Quoting shymom835:

HELLO,

I Feel your pain.

i am in the same boat as you are with the exception my daughter father has stopped taking care of her because he thought it was all about me when in reality it isn't about me. it's about our daughter. No he is not the type to run around and sleep with other women although he claims he never cheated on me while i was pregnant with our daughter. Over time i have forgiven him although it was hard decision for me to do. he is the father of our daughter but not at all a registered sex offender. i feel for you and what you are going through right now. All you can do is pray and ask GOD for forgiveness. As my mom always said and told me your not the first nor the last women to raise a child on your own. Men will be men sleeping around town with different area codes of low class hoes. You have tried repeatly to meet you half to care for your child but he doesn't care at this point so my advice to you is move on forward with your life and continue your education because your childs father is an embarrassment!

wish the best of luck...

And welcome to the singlehood of motherhood!!!!!!!!!!!!

reynab27
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I honestly think the judge was somewhat annoyed with me....maybe did this on purpose. I used to work for an agency making over 3700 a month they lady who asked question for the judge made sure to throw that and and the fact that I quit my job. When they asked why I quit I honestly told them why...I'm in school my job didn't want to work with my hours so I quit and now im looking for work. I was leaving for work at 630am dropped off the kids didn't get home till 9pm every night, I felt like I was neglecting my kids and eventually the money just wasn't worth it. I'm pretty sure I saw him roll his eyes when I told him that. It was a big sacrifice to have to give up that money but at the same time  felt like I had nothing to show for it...I'm doing all by my self , so now I'm in school perfect attendance(before today), A/B student. All I wanted was a little help from the other side the fathers side). I felt as if I was judged for this. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Wow, I'd be pissed, too. But, there's glitches in the system. Sounds like either a copy of his release didn't make it to the court's file (which is different than the cs office file) or wasn't entered in the computer correctly. I had a missing paperwork issue come up once, so the judge called a recess to give them time to find it, which is what he should have done for you. Stay on the office's ass and call them weekly to make sure they don't drop the ball again.

alexis_06
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM

wow, i would be pissed to!!

hbbb.1980
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Domestic Relations Sucks! I know. I have been trying for 2 years to get child support. It took over a year to get an order. They couldnt find him to serve him they said. BS, I gave them the address he was living at. They just never bothered to go out there. A year later he finally decided to show for court and a support order was put in place. Guess what? He doesn't pay it. And although they say there are all kinds of consequences for not paying child support, thats a bunch of BS. My advice to you is to keep applying for child support out of principle, but don't ever expect to receive a penny from that man. Its probably not going to happen. Having an order doesn't mean money will magically appear in your bank account. It's sad but true. Depend on yourself and only yourself or your life will be filled with dissapointment. Keep fighting the fight but don't expect anything.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM

group hug

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM

not to be rude but you quit your job and now want taxpayer assistance?  Of course the judge is annoyed and that was a good paying job you quit. If the guy is a sex offender and has other kids he does not support then I would not count on getting anything from him. He is a loser and you are better of probably supporting these kids on your own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN