Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Showers

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 7 Replies

My son is 6 and I just found out his dad has been making him take showers with him occasionally when he visits....I have talked with him and nothing uncomfortable seems to be going on, but it still makes me uncomfortable. Not sure how to feel about this...

Mom to four crazy wonderful kids family in the van 

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Good luck!!  How does your son feel about it?

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM
What does ds say about it? I've known men that do that sometimes to save time and to teach them how to shower thoroughly. If it doesn't bother ds, I don't see the issue at his age. If it does bother him, find out why and tell the ex.
alexis_06
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM

ummmmm...i dont think i would like that..i get it in the sense to teach him how to shower properly....but that would only take 1 time..how does your sone feel about it?   you said his dad is MAKING him...does that mean your osn doesnt want to? if so, then dad needs to stop ASAP!

ss_mom_of_four
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I haven't pushed it too far w/my ds b/c he is too young in my eyes to be able to answer things w/o wanting to say whatever I want to hear, but basically the impression I got was that his dad tells him he doesn't have a choice b/c he didn't have time to give him a bath after giving his sisters a bath so my ds has to wait until the morning and shower with him. He says he doesn't want to but doesn't have a choice. I confronted his dad about this through a phone conversation and didn't really get an answer just a quick change of subject and then he had to go. Like I said, I seriously don't think anything wierd is going on, but I don't feel my ds needs to be exposed to seeing a naked man at his age in the shower.  

charmgirl
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I havent taken a shower with my son in a very long time and he is 5 years old. The Only time that I would feel it would be appropriate is in a scenario such as this: We went to the beach once and had a 3 hour drive home still. It was just me and him. They had a shower house there so we both took a shower together. That was when he was a baby but when it's just me and him and he's too young to be by himself in a place like that, we would have to do that. I would not be ok with him taking a shower with someone other than in a situation where it absolutely had to happen.

britmichele
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Well without knowing your ex, I can't say. But I shower with my 4year old son sometimes to save time..... If that's really the reason, I see no problem with it. Its not every day, right?
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Is he doing it to save money (since it's one shower instead of 2)? I would just ask my ds what they do when they're in the shower (who washes him up, what dad does, etc).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN