Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 years Medalion/NA ADVICE PLEASE/ GIFT

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

A little summary about my situation. I have a son he's 4 years old his father and I been separated for over 3 years. we were together for 4 years before my son. we separated mostly because his addiction with drugs and alcohol. he's been sober for 3 years and on the 6 of this upcoming month he receives his 3 years medallion which he invited me to attend at one of his meetings. I will be lying if i didn't love him.. but the question is what should I get him . .???? I want to get him something really special... its an honor to be there and I couldn't be more happier its going to be 3 years he's come along way and he's a different men. hes an awesome father to our son and I'm grateful he's clean.

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Belovedmoonpixi
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I would give him a picture of himself and your son (if you have one) in a nice picture frame. After all, if he weren´t sober he wouldn´t be able to have a relationship with your son. I would add a nice encouraging note.

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Good for him! It's tough to do. I like pp's idea of a picture. If nothing else, a nice congrats card with a note saying how proud you are of him and what a good dad he is.
FabiolaG
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Thank you!!!!!

Quoting Belovedmoonpixi:

I would give him a picture of himself and your son (if you have one) in a nice picture frame. After all, if he weren´t sober he wouldn´t be able to have a relationship with your son. I would add a nice encouraging note.

FabiolaG
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM

yes it has been tough and he's so excited. saw him today and he reminded me again to attend. I will do the picture thing with a nice quote. Thank you.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Good for him! It's tough to do. I like pp's idea of a picture. If nothing else, a nice congrats card with a note saying how proud you are of him and what a good dad he is.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I would do the picture thing and a personal note. Write him a letter telling him how proud you are and all the great things he's accomplished since being sober.

FabiolaG
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Ahhh I love this idea, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Quoting cjsmom1:

I would do the picture thing and a personal note. Write him a letter telling him how proud you are and all the great things he's accomplished since being sober.

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Include as much as you can about how proud you are because he's such a wonderful man and great father. And that even tho ds doesn't get why he's excited he just is cuz its something big for daddy and he loves daddy so much.

Quoting Belovedmoonpixi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FabiolaG
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the idea, I'm just not sure how to start. but I will soon.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Include as much as you can about how proud you are because he's such a wonderful man and great father. And that even tho ds doesn't get why he's excited he just is cuz its something big for daddy and he loves daddy so much.

Quoting Belovedmoonpixi:

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM
How about dear______,
I am so proud of you! You have come so far. Look at where you are.
Then start in on all the wonderful things he does for ds. why you appreciate him for not just doing stuff because its his son but because he has integrity and what a wonderful man he's become. he chose to be this wonderful man and your so proud.

Quoting FabiolaG:

I love the idea, I'm just not sure how to start. but I will soon.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting Belovedmoonpixi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)