Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

single forever?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:55 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

i'm 23 yrs old with one little boy whom just turned 1, i don't go out much spend most of my day either doing homework and watching my baby or going out to the park or to the beach. sometimes the only person i talk to is my little man which in alot of ways can be unhealthy, so it doesn't seem odd to think that i'd be single forever. i'm outgoing, very active, love to workout, love to try new things and i'm always up for a good time but i never leave my son behind. SO! when it comes to dating, meeting men, or even thinking of starting a new relationship i've given up simply because i don't feel like i can make time for it. Am i the only one that feels that way? cause i don't think i'm ugly or that i can't meet someone i just don't have the energy. it almost seems like a waste of time. what to do?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawncs
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 AM

You might want to check into Parents Without Partners. It is for both genders. It has activities for adults and families.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Solo_Fan
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I was like that too when I first got divorced.  It is hard to date and have a little one.  My mom and dad use to help out and babysit, but not often.  You wont be single forever.  I FINALLY found my soulmate after all these years and I am very happy.  You will get there and figure something out.  HUGS

Baby5678
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:05 AM

My life is pretty much exactly the same. School, work, beach and park. Friends sometimes but I never meet a man. I went on a couple dating sites for a bit but wasn't feeling it or the people on it. I'm sure I'll cross paths with someone someday but I honestly can't see how I'll meet someone or have the time or energy to cultivate anything even if I do!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

group hug

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM
3 moms liked this
Relax honey. It's not the end of the world. focus on your little man. I too was single @ 23 w a 1 yr old ds. I recommend spending time w your gfs and have a ladies night out sometime for that much needed adult conversation and worry about men later. Trust me on this its a waste of time looking for one. I've been looking for 5.5 years. The more experienced mothers on here who have been single longer have bestowed upon me the wisdom of waiting and letting the man come to you. Now i pass it on to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:45 AM
3 moms liked this

You just had a baby a year ago, everything is still fresh, he's still really little. Give it time. As he gets older you'll feel better about letting him go (as in going to a sitters) and you'll be able to be out there doing your thing and the right man will come along. You're young and have a very long life ahead of you. 

mmpdrs07
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I agree with giving it a little more time your little guy is 1 and everything is still fairly new and your still learning as is he.  My little guy was almost 3 when I left his dad and I stayed single for a while, then finally started peeking around dating sites and talked to a few who only wanted sex.  HAHA I didn't have time for a sex relationship!  They got ignored and then another man found me and he never once mentioned sex until it started happening, and even now that it has started it's totally up to me on the if's and whens of it.  It will happen when it's meant to be I promise.

Robsessed98
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Perfectly normal for now. When you're really ready, you will find time for dating. When you do go on dates, leave ds behind until you date one long enough to think he's a keeper. Until you're ready to date, you could join single parent groups. MeetUp is a good site to find groups that have regular get togethers and kids are welcome to most.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM

you really have not been single that long. i was single for thirteen years hunnie. you will meet someone eventually. right now your baby is small. as he gets older, you will feel ok asking fam or a friend to watch him while you go do something social. they are only little for a short time.

mz23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Hes only one. Im 21 with a 1 year old. I am in school also so my life is like yours : ) its ok though id wanna date someone who has his stuff together. And you kinda need to be at that point too. Im not. Im ok hanging out with my dd and tryinf to get my life together before dating anyways
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN