Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Never imagined I would be a Single Mama especially at 21

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

Parents,teachers,family,and friends always ask us

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
&
"Where do you see yourself in 5 (10) years?"

Well regardless what I wanted and what I had planned...

IM 21 & PREGO..
Oh not to mention a SINGLE MAMA..
Completely.

However I FEEL..
H O P E
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
s.osborne
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I was a single mother at 21. I never expected it to happen either. Things get better I promise:)

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I was in this very position.pregnant @ 20, had my DD @ 21. In some ways I still with it, but it does & will get better with time. Time heals most things :)
Quoting s.osborne:

I was a single mother at 21. I never expected it to happen either. Things get better I promise:)

LilMamaK
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I was a single Mom @ 21. Over time it gets better hun. It's hard at first, but, what in life isn't? And your LO is so worth it! Me and my DD are the best of friends and have an amazing bond. Don't stress and worry. :)

*~*Mommy to Allyana(7.5.08), StepMom to Aidan(6.5.07), & My Angel Baby Jovanny(3.6.10)*~*

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM

You can do it. It's not easy being a single mom, but it can be done.

xcheapxbeautyx
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

When does it get better? I've been a single mom for 3 years and I'm still hopeless. :(

Quoting LilMamaK:

I was a single Mom @ 21. Over time it gets better hun. It's hard at first, but, what in life isn't? And your LO is so worth it! Me and my DD are the best of friends and have an amazing bond. Don't stress and worry. :)

mz23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Im a single mom and21 it would be nice (understatement) to be happily married with children and with the same father. But in a way i have accepted things. Im still erked I dated a loser but what really bothers me is I am not through with school. I have no career. Im a young poo mama. If I was through with school and in my nursing career i would be ok (I think). honestly,I feel like im to be in this predicament. Now im starting to get depressed *sigh*
ilovemy3boys
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I was a single divorced mom at 21. exdh did some awfuk things and I left him. It was hard and alot of work but i got thru it, He is now almost 11 and the best 1o year old I know.

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM

It gets easier when you no longer look at won't you don't have and look at what you do. I don't have a husband but I have the most amazing little boy in the world! I have the intelligence and fortitude to accomplish my dream career. I have the means to give my son a great life. 

It's hard, but when you realize how wonderful you're life is regardless of a man in it, you'll be a million times happier.

Quoting xcheapxbeautyx:

When does it get better? I've been a single mom for 3 years and I'm still hopeless. :(

Quoting LilMamaK:

allyoremily22
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I also was a single mom at 21. It was devastating at first... But I wouldn't change it for the world!!!! I learned sooo much and it was empowering knowing I left a awful husband. My life now (3 yrs later) is amazing. I'm tarting school to get my dream job. My son will start preschool this fall. Everything is looking up! And you know what? My ex is STILL struggling. He can't even get approved to move into a new apartment becAuse he has an outstanding debt he can't afford to pay from the last place he moved out of... So he is living with friends, no car, no money, and still a TOTAL A-hole! Feels amazing knowing if I had stayed I would be in the same awful situation. But I'm not :) being a single mom is hard but it's also empowering!
alexis_06
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I was pregnant at 20 and have been a single mom the whooole time..(I'm 30 now)..it does get easier to deal with.
But at the same time i wish i had a guy to share this all with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN