Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I need some cheering up!

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 34 Replies
I just realized something. I am THE ONLY single one left of my friends. Everyone is with someone. It wouldn't be bad if they were just dating, they're either engaged or married, including the ones who had kids already.
So I'm kinda feeling down right now.
Who else is out there feeling as down as me? Let's cheer each other up.
Yay an admin made this a featured post in the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2threebbz
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought I would miss being with someone...but I am much, much happier being single. Doing what I want when I want is definitely better than trying to compromise with someone who wants to do nothing...I love being single..sorry you are lonely...

Robsessed98
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't see being single as a bad thing at all. I get to make the household decisions without having to ask a man's opinion, can watch LMN instead of sports, don't have to shave my legs if I don't want, have less dirty clothes to pick up... the list goes on and on. The biggest downside I find is not having sex right there handy when I want, but my fwb is only a text away.
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I miss the sex for sure!!!
I miss someone coming home and kissing me while i make supper. I actually like sports and would watch the sports channelĀ and my ex wanted something else. lol.
MY BILLS MISS THE ADDITIONAL PAY CHECK DESPERATELY!!!
And I want someone to do sweet things for me like everyone else talks about.

Quoting Robsessed98:

I don't see being single as a bad thing at all. I get to make the household decisions without having to ask a man's opinion, can watch LMN instead of sports, don't have to shave my legs if I don't want, have less dirty clothes to pick up... the list goes on and on. The biggest downside I find is not having sex right there handy when I want, but my fwb is only a text away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi there, I know how you feel.  Everyone always seems to be going in a different direction in their lives from me.  They are either moving and starting new jobs or meeting new people in their lives.  I just concentrate on getting my life together and making the best for my son.  It does get rather lonely at times.  Hang in there girl, we can get through it.

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Thanks!
It wasn't that bad when i had single friends to talk to. Now it's all about their relationship. I wanna scream I DON'T WANT TO HEAR HOW PERFECT YOUR LIFE IS IT MAKES ME LONELIER.
And the next person who is w someone who tells me I will find someone just wait gets a black eye. Single people can be encouraging, but it's discouraging when someone who has someone says anything.

Quoting mom2threebbz:

I thought I would miss being with someone...but I am much, much happier being single. Doing what I want when I want is definitely better than trying to compromise with someone who wants to do nothing...I love being single..sorry you are lonely...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Thanks! It helps knowing someone else is feeling the same at times.
Now for the loneliness to go away.

Quoting MandaMom23:

Hi there, I know how you feel.  Everyone always seems to be going in a different direction in their lives from me.  They are either moving and starting new jobs or meeting new people in their lives.  I just concentrate on getting my life together and making the best for my son.  It does get rather lonely at times.  Hang in there girl, we can get through it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

You're welcome, it is good to be able to be helpful.  I wish it was easier to make the lonliness go away but unfortunately it can be a challenge.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Thanks! It helps knowing someone else is feeling the same at times.
Now for the loneliness to go away.

Quoting MandaMom23:

pm4k
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM

To be totally honest, I am kinda jealous of you. I am married with 4 kids. Having big issues with DH (we are separated while he is in alcohol treatment right now). I am raising 3 of the kids by myself. Feel totally overwhelmed. 

OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel, I am 50 with 2yr old twin boys. I feel like I am never going to date again. The men my age have older kids, leaving the house. They don't wqnt to start over with a woman with small children. They are enjoying their freedom now, and want a woman that can join them. I still look good for my age, but I don't do the cougar thing. 

At least you are young, and judging by your picture, a real cutie. It should be a lot easier for you. Do any of your friends have single male friends? Don't be shy about asking for a set up! A lot of women enjoy that kind of thing and would work tirelessly trying to find you someone, and then take credit at the wedding!

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I'm 39 and single and I've never been married. At this point I've come to the sad reality it will never happen. All of my friends are either married or in long term relationships. My BFF has been married for a little over a year and whenever she is talking about her husband she say MY HUSBAND this MY HUSBAND that. Even though I've met him and know his name she always says MY HUSBAND, even more than once in the same damn sentence. Geez. Makes me sound bitter I know, but I'm not. I'm just MISERABLE being single and lonely when it seems everyone in the world is married or in a relationship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)