Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I love it when men stereotype single women...

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm so sick of men talking about things they know nothing about. Always blaming single mothers...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/witw/articles/2013/08/01/the-war-on-single-mothers.html
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no. I can't click on it. But do I really want to read it? Lol. I feel like it's going to make me mad and I'm in a great mood.
imissmydad51
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I know huh? They  wouldn't even be strong enough to have  child....LOL

diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I can't click on it.
Bump
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:32 PM

The article isn't bashing single mothers though......? Are you just commenting on what the person who wrote it was talking about?

Saurusmom8
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I hear you. I feel if I take tme to truly live by the opinions of others I would never be able to breathe.

Its sad. I find the one quality I can never live with anymore is someone who never takes responsibility for their part in anything and let's one person be a blame for all the worlds problems (including their own)...

I think people are hung up on welfare issues and assuming that all single mothers are just trying to get a free ride. I know there are people who give others a bad name no matter what circumstance, gender, race, religion etc.. being a single mom has really shown me some of the worst sides of people.

I am not ashamed of my son. Nor should I be. I am proud of how I can face things head on and not always be scared for myself. I love my son and so many kids that come from single parent homes are wonderful. I see it as sociiety is angry in general.. and no one is going to take up their part ..so who is an easy target? A single mom.

Single dads get gold medals..single moms get labels. It isn't fair, but it is the way it is. My son has heard and seen and felt things and I have met cruel people.. but I have also met wonderful people.
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

From reading a lot of the posts here, if women in the real world act like they do in CM, it seems the single mom stereotypes are legitimate more than just a stereotype.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:44 AM
My goal is to prove those stereotypes wrong!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM

oy vey!  truly ignorant people....

Robsessed98
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I quit paying attention to opinions of people who haven't been in my shoes years ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)