Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My ex's girlfriend wants to meet and talk to me !!!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 37 Replies

My ex- husband suddlenly decided he wanted to be " involved" in our sons life again (He left us 2 yrs ago, for some girl, and hasnt seen his son since he walked out until now, but thats a different story). yesturday when we took him out, he tells me that his girlfriend( the women that broke us up) wants to have a face to face conversation with me. i dont really know what she wants to talk about, i know i dont have anything to talk to her about, plus i feel like still might be too angry to have any type of conversation with her.  what you you guys do?

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Just don't do it... They aren't apart of your family. Regardless of if the ex is the father..
Misha1204
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I agree w/this.

Quoting Kazmira222:

Just don't do it... They aren't apart of your family. Regardless of if the ex is the father..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saurusmom8
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
He needs to tell you why first. That's the least he can do and you have just cause to NOT trust him or her.

I do believe people can have a heart change and want to clear things.. but I also think that before any meeting is established they need to do as much as inform you of the reason.

That's if you actually desire some peace. I personally wouldn't if I did not know what that "talk" would consist of.

If she is genuinely sorry then she can write a letter.

I had my ex's girlfriend call me. I thought it was strange. I kept it to my son and that was that. She wanted to get some scoop... my thought was "sweetie, I have nothing to do with that"... I don't go to my exls girlfriends.. its sneaky. I only care about my son and have no time for that.

If its legitimate then why wouldn't the he bring it about. I don't like it when people cower behind their significant others to get information.

Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Plus if its that important why can't they just talk to you over the phone?
ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I wouldn't buy into it.

Cheyenne Fall Risk Anderson

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

www.cafemom.com/group/ACTIVEDerbyMamas

FabiolaG
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I'm sorry but you have nothing to talk to her about nor meet with her. plus whatever she has to say, there is not saying.. unfortunately he's the father and you have to deal with her but with her NO!!!

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I wouldn't rule it out but I agree that you should know what her agenda is for the talk. 

EnY49
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Thanks for all your advice :) i did ask him, and he said he didnt know what she wanted to talk to me about.

kimscorner
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't want to talk to her, but you can't blame her alone for your break up.  It takes two.  But, I'll play the other side of the coin here.....

If your ex is wanting to spend time with your lo and he's with her, then chances are she's going to be around your child too.  So, it might be best to have some common ground with her.   :(

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

sunshine389142
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I do not recommend it - especially if you still have enough anger towards her that a civilized conversation would be difficult.  

And honestly, I don't see what she should need to talk to you about unless it concerns your child and even then....that is not necessary unless your child is in her care at the time.  I was attacked by my ex's now fiance when I went to pick up my DD at the very end of the year....so I just don't trust them for the most part.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN