Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Disney world dilemma

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 14 Replies

So my ex wants to come to Disney world with my son and I. I am still not over him, he is not over me. BUT we aren't moving very quickly on seeing if we want to get back together.  We talk a lot, we get together on occasion, have a great time etc...haven't slept together or anything, but do hang out. I don't feel comfortable going anywhere with anyone I am not in a relationship with (especially him, and these feelings I have for him). Plus, it's confusing my son.  

My question is....am I wrong to let him not come and share this experience with us? Or, do push moving forward, or do I just be totally honest!  I have to start booking the trip....I want to go this fall! 

Thank you all, and please no bashing....

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I would just be completely honest about all of it.

alli1204
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Is this your sons father? If so, Let him come and experience this with his son. If he's not your sons father, I'd tell him no.....
doostica
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I would be completely honest! Is your son both of yours? Or is he from another relationship? If your son is both of yours I think it would only be fair to bring your ex to share the experience with his son. If he ISNT his bio father, I would just go with you and your son and be honest with him and tell him how it is confusing your son.

mommyRojo
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM

It's my sons father. It's just that my son gets really sad and asks us why we aren't together. It's very awkward for all 3 of us. That was my oly concern.

i think I am going to be honest and make him open up about his feelings and finally get some answers. 

sid1083
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Is he also wanting to attend on your dime? Or is he paying his own way?

Personally, if you're not over him I don't think it would be a good idea for him to join . . . you don't want to get the wrong impression of how things are going and totally ruin any working relationship you may have had otherwise if you have hard feelings at the end.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Me and my ex husband took the kids to California Adventure and Knotts Berry Farm last weekend. we are civil and neither of us are dating anyone. We did it because the kids loved it and we shared expenses for the vacation. I paid for the hotel, he paid for everything else. I have no romantic feelings for him. It went great. I don't see anything wrong with this if he is going to share expenses and pay his own way.

Robsessed98
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I'd tell dad how I feel about it and see if you can figure out the rules if he goes. You could get separate rooms. Ultimately, the trip is for your ds, so it would be probably make it a better trip if dad went too.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I would let him go but be in seperate hotel rooms.

ambermario4ever
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Let him come but tell him he has to get his own room to stay in. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Set ground rules first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)