Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies please tell me what's wrong with me?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 12 Replies
My name is Teranda and I'm 22 years old. Okay I have been really stressed out lately. I have two babies ages 2 and 3 an tyhey are both girls. I have been raising them on my own as a single parent since they were both born. The problem is I have been doing some really strange things lately an I don't know if I'm just stressed out an need to find a way of taking care of myself or what. Some of the strange things I have done in the past months are I've lost my I phone on Mother's Day an never found it. I was still standing at the counter in a gas station after I paid for my gas an I don't know why. Today I drove off at a fast food restaraunt after paying for my food without actually getting my food. That's just on;y a few things I have done. It's very embarrasing that I am doing all these things and embarrasing myself. I feel like I may be at a breaking point. I don't like the person I am. I love my kids, but I feel crazy an I feel like I don't have it together at all with my life. I could please use some advice. Thank you!
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tattooedmama333
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Been there! I am 32 and I have been a single mom of 3 for over 4 years now. It is the best and worst thing I have experienced. When i started having things like that happen I went to my dr. She gave me anti anxiety meds to take daily for a few months once I was confidant I could handle the stress she slowly took me off those and put me on an as needed med. I am now only taking them about once a month. Good luck and know you are NOT alone.
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM

You should see a counselor. That might help you to figure out any issues you may be ignoring or not noticing. Also the forgetfulness, that could just be "mom brain". Since my son was born, I seem to have a lot of forgetful moments. Still maybe talk to your doctor. Hope you feel better.

mmpdrs07
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I swear I just wrote almost your exact post on facebook to a group of ladies im friends with.  I have been a single mom since April and I swear some days im going to loose it!  I love my little man but some days it seems almost more than I can handle.  All I know to do is just to keep telling myself that things will eventually get better.  HUGS I know how you feel!

meranda20
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ladies for the advice!!! i feel a little better knowing I'm not alone. I will make an appointment to see a doctor so I can be sure of what may be going on with me because it's important for me to be better for me an my kids.

Saurusmom8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:08 AM
With all the money I have spent to get my keys out of my car I could have taken a vacation. :)

You are not alone. Its good to get help and seek support, just don't take it all so seriously that you drive yourself to a deep end of worry.

Laugh a little at yourself (I do.. truly I am funny sometimes) ..because your a single parent of TODDLERS... that's a lot of stress.

Solo_Fan
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you are stretched too far and need some time to yourself.

woodstock525
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I would both see if you can't find some time to destress and do go to the doctor to get checked out.  It could be nothing or it could be signs of something more significant.  I have MS and though I don't have physical symptoms, mine tends to impact my short term memory and I have what I call "MS moments" just like you're describing. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I call it toddlerdistractism. Lol I have a 3 year old and I get so focused on making sure he has good behavior and isn't touching everything I've left keys wallet etc. he also likes to put things in "safe" places that neither one of us can find
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmpdrs07
by Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM

HAHA Im good at hiding stuff from myself.  I do it fairly regular sometimes and it makes me mad when I do it.  Oh well maybe one day life will slow down a little and get a little more comfortable with just me and Calvin.  

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I call it toddlerdistractism. Lol I have a 3 year old and I get so focused on making sure he has good behavior and isn't touching everything I've left keys wallet etc. he also likes to put things in "safe" places that neither one of us can find

steviechick
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM

group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)