Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I need help.. Child servcies

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 21 Replies

Hello everyone im new to the group. But thought I would turn to moms for advice.

From what ive been readying you shuld not let dcfs into your home and, sign anything.

Well Ive been going through custody with the kids dad, and it hasnt been to nice we havent even had trial and hes juist so angry that he is not being a nice person. Well to make a long story short i just was awarded chid support have 2 kids 8 and 4 and have never recieved any kind of support.

Well i think he got angry and call dcfs of course anonomusly, and well she showed up to my home, and told me that she was there caseu someone reported that my son drank poison. Now keep in mind he didnt drink poison, he put something he should have to his mouth when he was 1 and hes now 4, i called poison controll watched out for symtoms and he was fine. Well she idnicated that since it happened at my moms the kids were not alloed to go to the grandmas house until they inspect it. I need to know whats going to happen apparently i made the mistake of letting them in and signing papers. but the papers i signed were indicating that i was not an american indian and i would allow meidcal records to be released. i made sure i read them first. but now im in a bind have i hurt the kids whats goign to happen.

by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blovesyouuu
by Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I have no idea.. Here's a bump though. Best of luck to you!
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM

That's weird. I'd be tempted to call dcfs and speak with the worker's supervisor for clarification.

Robsessed98
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this
You have to let them in the house. If you refuse, they'll come right back with a cop. I wouldn't ever sign anything or tell them anything they don't specifically ask though, no matter how innocent I was. It's their job to investigate and like the cops, they are fishing for info and what you say is open to their interpretation, which can easily mess things up.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I think you did the right thing.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I agree. My ex was charged with abusing our son because he 'sounded like an abusive person'. I know for a fact ds got the black eye while swimming at someone's house but when someone asked ds he said he forgot what happened and said his dad did it. The cps worker went to his house and he openly spoke with them knowing he didn't do anything wrong. Well he has child abuse on his record.

Quoting Robsessed98:

You have to let them in the house. If you refuse, they'll come right back with a cop. I wouldn't ever sign anything or tell them anything they don't specifically ask though, no matter how innocent I was. It's their job to investigate and like the cops, they are fishing for info and what you say is open to their interpretation, which can easily mess things up.

kitty8199
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you need to not volunteer information. For example, when she said he drank poison you should've said I have no idea what you're talking about, not that it happened when he was one.

They have to prove stuff. Don't give them ammo. Don't give them leads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM

group hug

ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM

My experiences with DCFS have all been positive. I have always believed in being open and honest. However, don't say anything more than what they ask about.

Cheyenne Fall Risk Anderson

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

www.cafemom.com/group/ACTIVEDerbyMamas

Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Exactly what I have experienced

Quoting ChromeCowgirl37:

My experiences with DCFS have all been positive. I have always believed in being open and honest. However, don't say anything more than what they ask about.

JackandJayne
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Your ex is not stable. You don't call and report things that serious when they're not true and he is falsely accusing you of crimes. I would let them know that. They take it very seriously when they find out someone is just using the system for vengeance. Personally, I'd be going after him and if you did nothing wrong, you should be fine however a call to an attorney wouldn't hurt. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN