Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Getting a divorce and feel very alone...

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi Mommies...

I am a mommy of 2 beautiful girls ( 2 yr old and 7 mo. old) and in the process of getting a divorce.  My ex husband to be is making the process extremely nasty by trying to control me and the children with his money.  I have a great family for support but at times feel like I need friends to vent and look for advice.  I have lost touch with all my friends since leaving my job prior to my marriage.  And now I find myself extremely alone and isolated with no friends.  

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know new people!

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Wishing you lots of luck lady! Divorce is not fun. :( Family is great, but friends are important too. I hope everything goes mostly smooth for you. What state are you in?

Cheyenne Fall Risk Anderson

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

www.cafemom.com/group/ACTIVEDerbyMamas

RollTidemommy3
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Best wishes! I went through my divorce 7 years ago. My exhusband made things terrible and harrassed me. He refused to sign the divorce papers,ended having a protection order put on him,he refuses to pay child support,I had to have my phone # changed. So after waiting 9 months for the divorce the judge signed the divorce papers for him. Not much has changed since then,besides having him put in jail a couple times for violating the protection order. Things will get better in time for you. It has for me. It just takes 1 day at atime and much patience. Hang in there!

Robsessed98
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome the group. Lean on your family and come here to vent or get advice and support. Check into local single parent groups or MeetUp.com and make new friends that are in your situation.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM

((hugs)) during this difficult time

Sj218
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
The divorce and starting over group on here is really nice. I divorced a year ago and I understand how alone you feel.
VirtualyNSpired
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Never been married to get divorced but I have been through a pretty nasty break up with my daughter's dad. I know how hard it can be.

I wish you the best and the people I have met in this group are very nice and I am sure will be happy to help whenever.

Also, I really recommend finding a parenting group or something in your area. Not because of any parenting issues but it is a great place to meet other parents, others who are going through what you are going through. Who can be a support as well for both you and your kids. I LOVE my parenting group, it's nice to just be able to sit down and talk about how my kid flushed the remote down the toilet and they all nod their heads with those knowing smiles because they have all been there in some fashion or another.

Keep your head up!

bahamamama61
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM
It gets easier:) Just try and stay busy:) And Welcome:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Hi, and welcome to the group.  I have been divorced for nearly two years.  It does take a lot of adjusting.  My ex has been nasty to me and our daughter since he told us both of his three year afffair and fathering two kids behind our backs.  Since our divorce became final I've been battling him in court for c/s and money he agreed to paying me back.  So far we've met in court three times.  I'm meeting back up with him in court the fourth time in a few weeks for being in contempt of court.  It's been a rough battle but I'm not nor will I ever give up.  This time he's going to jail.  We all are your friends. Vent and/or ask us any questions we are all here to help you.  Very sorry for your divorce. 

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Hi welcome to the group.  Hang in there and I hope bright days are ahead for you and little ones.  I'm sure you will be able to find some supportive friends around here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)