Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am worried about being a single mom to two.

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 13 Replies
So I am a single mom of one little girl she's 5 and now I am pregnant. My relationship with this father went down so once again I am single. Well I am worried about working, going to school, raising a 5 year old and being pregnant and then in feb when the baby comes. I am worried. How do you all do it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM

We do it because we don't have a choice.

Schedules are good, get the 5 yo on a set schedule then when the baby is born get him/her on a good schedule asap.

When the baby is young and the 5 yo is at school, sleep when baby sleeps, be up when baby is up. Otherwise you will loose your mind due to lack of sleep.

erinmomofone
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I'll be working the baby will be at work with me when she/he comes.( I work in a daycare) I am just worried with everything. I am hoping to find a place my little family can grow up. My dd and I have been moving a lot this year. My lease is up in two weeks.

Quoting krisnkids:

We do it because we don't have a choice.

Schedules are good, get the 5 yo on a set schedule then when the baby is born get him/her on a good schedule asap.

When the baby is young and the 5 yo is at school, sleep when baby sleeps, be up when baby is up. Otherwise you will loose your mind due to lack of sleep.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammabug13
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
There is always a way. I was scared too at first but life has a funny way of working itself out. Just remain positive and confident. I know my children and I are much happier now that we are in our own. Keep the faith mamma!
erinmomofone
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I have been single with my first for a year now.

Quoting mammabug13:

There is always a way. I was scared too at first but life has a funny way of working itself out. Just remain positive and confident. I know my children and I are much happier now that we are in our own. Keep the faith mamma!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammabug13
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM

My babies are 2 and 3, it was a bit of an adjustment at first but things work great now for the most part.  I'm sure you will be just fine.  I'm also sure that your 5 yo will be helpful with the baby.  There will be times that you may loose your cool.  Just breathe and take things one day at a time.  I promise things will not always be as hard as they seem at first.  Your gonna be a great single mamma to both your babies.  Chin up girly!

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting mammabug13:

erinmomofone
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Thanks.....I hope Ill be okay. Just want it to happen so I can do it. Haha. I hate waiting

Quoting mammabug13:

My babies are 2 and 3, it was a bit of an adjustment at first but things work great now for the most part.  I'm sure you will be just fine.  I'm also sure that your 5 yo will be helpful with the baby.  There will be times that you may loose your cool.  Just breathe and take things one day at a time.  I promise things will not always be as hard as they seem at first.  Your gonna be a great single mamma to both your babies.  Chin up girly!

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting mammabug13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmpdrs07
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM

HAHA Yep you will loose your cool!  Im sorry I know that's not funny but I lost mine last night.  I have been single since April and have a 3 year old who is currently trying to set new boundaries and OMG he's driving me insane!!!!  I love him to death but some nights I would love to go home, play, eat dinner, bathe, and just go to bed with NO crying and whining.  And God bless whom ever taught him the phrase "shut up" I would like to beat them right now.  Nothing better than my 3 year old son saying "shut up momma" it makes me cringe!

Quoting mammabug13:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting mammabug13:

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM

well not to scare you but when i had my second id just divorced and had a 3 year old and i did NOT have an easy time AT ALL.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM
It's just something that I deal with. I have 4 kids and my youngest is 4and starting school so it's getting easier.
kimscorner
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I'm a divorced mom of 4 (3 still living at home...ages 10, 7, and 16 months)...my oldest is 19 and lives with his girlfriend.

I do it alone (I do get child support)...no one at home to help me.  I'm the only adult here!  lol....  :)

You do it because like a pp stated, you have no choice.  It's hard, but that's what makes it all that much more rewarding for me....because I AM doing this alone!  (And I really mean alone....I'm an only child.  My mother passed away in 2011 and my father just died a couple weeks ago.)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)