Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After we move do i even tell her

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 12 Replies
What should i do about my mom should i cut her off or keep in contact? Most of you know my relationship with my mom hasn't been a good one.......should i tell her we're moving since i already got the ok from my daughters dad or just go and not say a word? My grandma is really sick with dibetes so that would be the only real reason for me to keep in touch. My daughters dad is also sick which is why i think he's so willing to allow me to take our daughter to another city and live with bf.

What would you all do?

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I would tell her mainly because of grandma
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:22 AM
From experience, I moved and didn't tell my granparents (no reason just forgot) and my aunt passed and we didn't know because they couldn't get a hold of us. It still breaks my heart.
mhaney03
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I am cutting off all but needed contact with the parents once I move.  They are toxic.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:37 AM
There are other people i can get in touch with about my grandma's health i know my relationship with my mom will suffer it's improved a little but not much since i moved out........
kitcal78
by Gigi on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Keep in contact with mom for the sake of your ill grandma.  She doesn't need to know where you live for that.  Don't tell her.

Okay to I had to modify this I didn't read the replies.  Since you don't need mom to follow up on grandma keep mom out of the loop.

amandacr1026
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I would say just tell her you're moving.. you don't have to tell her where or any details like that.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM
She gave himmy number now i gotta deal with his wife playing on my phone smh not what i needed today

Quoting amandacr1026:

I would say just tell her you're moving.. you don't have to tell her where or any details like that.

amandacr1026
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

That doesn't sound like fun... I sorry.. Any way you can plainly say you do not want to hear from that specific person? Someone else can speak for her??

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

She gave himmy number now i gotta deal with his wife playing on my phone smh not what i needed today

Quoting amandacr1026:

~Amanda~

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Nope gotta change it again i get tired of paying $20 once a month because of his wife this is either gonna stop or my mom won't have my number

Quoting amandacr1026:

That doesn't sound like fun... I sorry.. Any way you can plainly say you do not want to hear from that specific person? Someone else can speak for her??

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Quoting amandacr1026:

amandacr1026
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Yeah I just saw your new post... Thats ridiculous. About the only thing I can suggest is I think there is some kind of order you can put in place where your ex is the only one who can speak to you? I'm not sure if its the same as a rstraining order.. but you can look into it

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Nope gotta change it again i get tired of paying $20 once a month because of his wife this is either gonna stop or my mom won't have my number

Quoting amandacr1026:

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Quoting amandacr1026:

~Amanda~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)