Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What Kind of Moron!?!?!?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:35 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Turns down misdemeanor charges when facing felony charged if he goes to trial?!?! My ex is facing felony child abuse charges (matter of public record) and a felony assault weapon possession charge (he's a Marine). The DA is going for the whole she-bang, but the judge offered him a misdemeanor and his sentence would be 52 classes of a battery course (basically 1 a week for a year) and 180 days in jail ( of which he would serve maybe half because that's how things seem to roll in LA County). ANd he declined?!?!? Either he is REALLY stupid or just an arrogant ass!! (#2 is my vote!)

If he is convicted of a felony, that can negatively effect every aspect of your life! Certain felonies can prevent you from purchasing a home, lots of possible jobs, definitely continuing his military career... And there is not a doubt in mine, or the DA's mind that he will be convicted.

It's like he is bringing his own rope to his own hanging... And even if for some un-God-known reason, he is not convicted in the civilian court, he still has to face the military courts, and let me tell you, NCIS is not a fan of his right now. He is almost guaranteed to be administratively separated at the very least. Which means other than honorable, which is way worse than just being fired from a job. If you get anything other than an honorable discharge, good luck finding a job! Not to mention that a lot of employers inquire if you have ever been charged (not convicted, but charged) with a felony. He has not done well for himself. Great representation of the few and the proud right there!

Cheyenne Fall Risk Anderson

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

www.cafemom.com/group/ACTIVEDerbyMamas

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraMH
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

He sounds like my ex. Very arrogant and believes he is above the law. He will not change until he is held accountable. Hopefully he will be!

Pooge
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah he thinks he will get off...lol...I would be happy he got his...
kitcal78
by Gigi on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Honey you have your hands full with all that mess he is bringing. Have you or the lawyer tried talking to sense into him?
ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Why would I try to talk sense into him? I am looking forward to seeing him fully prosecuted. He did this to himself, but he and his current wife think I brought this down on him. They sent my son to school with bruises and lacerations around his neck. I wish she was going down with him! They have 3 other kids together, yet my son is the only one who suffered. In my mind, there is not a punishment that will ever be enough.

Quoting kitcal78:

Honey you have your hands full with all that mess he is bringing. Have you or the lawyer tried talking to sense into him?

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

kitcal78
by Gigi on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting ChromeCowgirl37:

Why would I try to talk sense into him? I am looking forward to seeing him fully prosecuted. He did this to himself, but he and his current wife think I brought this down on him. They sent my son to school with bruises and lacerations around his neck. I wish she was going down with him! They have 3 other kids together, yet my son is the only one who suffered. In my mind, there is not a punishment that will ever be enough.

Quoting kitcal78:

Okay I had to re-read this for a 2nd time. I'm surprised you have not physically injured him or his wife. How did the wife manage not to get charged with child endangerment. If she was present she should have gone down for something?
ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM
That's how I feel too! But she claims there was nothing going on or that she didn't know there was anything going on... the dependency court is making her attend parenting classes, but that's about it. I don't know if it is just because the other 3 kids were fine or what... But I am frustrated, because even the DA is like, "I can tell she is lying." Because she is always looking to him for confirmation. She and I had finally gotten to a fairly amicable relationship, then this happens and she straight up told CPS, "Well, if he (my son) is going to lie about something like this, than maybe he should just go live with his mom!" Like seriously?!?!? As a mom/stepmom, she should have been looking out for my son too and she should be afraid that he could/would do that to her kids too! I know I would be!
Quoting kitcal78:

Quoting ChromeCowgirl37:

Quoting kitcal78:

Okay I had to re-read this for a 2nd time. I'm surprised you have not physically injured him or his wife. How did the wife manage not to get charged with child endangerment. If she was present she should have gone down for something?

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

Robsessed98
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, is there a change he's NOT guilty and doesn't want to accept a plea for something he didn't do? Do you know his and his wife's side of the story or only what is public record? There's always at least 2 sides to the story and people are supposed to be presumed innocent until found guilty. Maybe it was the wife that did it and he doesn't want to go down for it. Also, there could be legal loopholes his attorney knows that can get him off and you aren't aware of it. Not saying that's how it is, but there's always behind the scenes things going on that could get him off even if he is guilty . Whoever did it should definately pay, but the legal system is complex and it doesnt always work out like we think we should, but what can we do....

ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Not a chance. Both of their stories have changed at least twice, my son's story has been consistent. There was a full CPS investigation, NCIS investigation and police investigation. There are photos. They are trying to say my son lied, but a 7 year old could not be so consistent if he was lying. The size and spread of the bruises on my son's neck are consistent with the size of my ex's hand. If it were her, my son would have said so, and my ex would have no problem throwing her under the bus to save himself. And, as I mentioned before, NCIS has plans for him if the civilian court fails. There is not a doubt in anyone's mind who has talked to him during this investigation that he did this. He really is just that arrogant.
Quoting Robsessed98:

Well, is there a change he's NOT guilty and doesn't want to accept a plea for something he didn't do? Do you know his and his wife's side of the story or only what is public record? There's always at least 2 sides to the story and people are supposed to be presumed innocent until found guilty. Maybe it was the wife that did it and he doesn't want to go down for it. Also, there could be legal loopholes his attorney knows that can get him off and you aren't aware of it. Not saying that's how it is, but there's always behind the scenes things going on that could get him off even if he is guilty . Whoever did it should definately pay, but the legal system is complex and it doesnt always work out like we think we should, but what can we do....

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM

my ex sat his ass in cilivian jail for a year, then when he got out he was arrested by the military for being AWOL and sat his ass in Levenworth for another year.  

he was special. 

but the military did nothing for me and i have very little respect for their judicial system.

ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:38 PM
It's my impression that they give the civilian courts the opportunity to do their job first, and if they don't then they take over. All I know is my ex lives on base and my son was attending school on base, so the abuse took place and was discovered on base. I don't know what kind of case it was that you had, but since the abuse was reported by base personnel, I don't think they have a choice in the matter. All I know is that NCIS came to me and told me they were "giving the civilian court a 'chance' to do their job."
Quoting happymommy1105:

my ex sat his ass in cilivian jail for a year, then when he got out he was arrested by the military for being AWOL and sat his ass in Levenworth for another year.  

he was special. 

but the military did nothing for me and i have very little respect for their judicial system.

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN