Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating and confused

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 5 Replies
So I started seeing someone about 2 months ago. I really like him. More than I have someone in a really long time or ever really. The only thing is in a year he moves to Spain (navy). I reallllly like him and he says the same vice Versa. When I mentioned the fact he moves he says that's in a year and that it's worth it to continue the relationship. I'm confused as to if I should continue the relationship and see where things go. Or end it becAuse I know he moves and it could hurt me.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM
If it was my situation and only been 2 months, and knew he was going to leave, I would just let it go now. If it was a year, than it would be more serious and worth trying out a long distance relationship.
Robsessed98
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
You're happy being with him now, so why waste it because of his plans a year from now? There's no way to know what you'll be doing in another year. You could be married or not even speaking to each other by then. If you really like him that much, but dump him now just because he's leaving, the only thing guaranteed to happen next year is you wondering what might have been.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Give it time if in a year it's still this right talk again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I would stay with him, a lot can happen during a year. You may break up before then or you may realize he's the love of your life.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM

That's a tough one.  I would try and keep writing as much as you can.  It's only a year.  Stay away from dating anyone while he's gone.  You never know this just might be the guy for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)