Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Mortgage Lawsuit Papers at 9pm

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 17 Replies

Divorce: The gift that keeps on giving! I just got served papers (at almost 9 pm) from the Federal National Mortgage Association, regarding a lawsuit filed against Eastman Community Association, Navy Federal Credit Union, the ex and myself. Wonderful. He wanted a divorce, saddled me with all the unsecured debt, went into foreclosure on the house she was supposed to be helping him pay for, I filed for bankruptcy, and I am still getting served with this crap. Well, the divorce papers show he agreed to that since he was keeping the house, and the bankruptcy shows I was to be removed from the mortgage, so whatever. What a winner he turned out to be.

Cheyenne Fall Risk Anderson

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

www.cafemom.com/group/ACTIVEDerbyMamas

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Ugh I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM
5 years later! Can you believe it? *smh*

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Ugh I'm sorry
easinpc
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Hugs

easinpc
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I'm still fighting my ex to take my name off the mortgage for the house we bought together and its been a lil over 7 years now.  He almost let it go into foreclosure once a couple years ago and now he's behind about 6 months again :(  I keep calling the bank and they tell me there is nothing I can do to force him to remove my name and the courts have not been any help either.  I hate this!! I've decided that I have absolutely no desire to take out a mortgage of any type with another person again. 

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM
That's a long time to be dealing with this
ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM

See if you can do a Quit Claim Deed to at least remove your name from title. Or talk to a real estate agent to see what you can do to sell your half of the mortgage. (I wish I had known about this stuff 5 years ago!) He should refi and do a Quit Claim and this point. I am just hoping that my bankruptcy really does protect me from this like it is supposed to.

Quoting easinpc:

I'm still fighting my ex to take my name off the mortgage for the house we bought together and its been a lil over 7 years now.  He almost let it go into foreclosure once a couple years ago and now he's behind about 6 months again :(  I keep calling the bank and they tell me there is nothing I can do to force him to remove my name and the courts have not been any help either.  I hate this!! I've decided that I have absolutely no desire to take out a mortgage of any type with another person again. 

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

steviechick
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Your ex sounds just like my ex.  Always trying to walk away or walk away from a financial obligation.  LOSERS both of them!  I was about to tell you the same thing - file a Quit Claim Deed.  I'm surprised that your bankrtuptcy attorney hasn't done something to help you from anything financially ruining your credit in the future and/or keeping you from legal problems.  Have you contacted your attorney about this?  You don't have to reaffirm your mortgage before a bankruptcy is discharged (gets completely paid off).  You should have been able to get your name off of the mortgage once you filed for divorce. 

ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I think it's too late to file a quit claim, because one would think, 5 years later, the bank has foreclosed and resold the property. I haven't had an attorney for 4 years, the bankruptcy was discharged in March of 2009. And when we filed for divorce we just did a summary dissolution, where he assumed the mortgage and payment. (I am not on the loan because I wasn't even working when we bought the house, I was only on title.) So I am not sure what they can really do anyway...

Quoting steviechick:

Your ex sounds just like my ex.  Always trying to walk away or walk away from a financial obligation.  LOSERS both of them!  I was about to tell you the same thing - file a Quit Claim Deed.  I'm surprised that your bankrtuptcy attorney hasn't done something to help you from anything financially ruining your credit in the future and/or keeping you from legal problems.  Have you contacted your attorney about this?  You don't have to reaffirm your mortgage before a bankruptcy is discharged (gets completely paid off).  You should have been able to get your name off of the mortgage once you filed for divorce. 

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

steviechick
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM

So since you aren't on the loan then you have no financial obligation.  But, since you are on the title you should have received something about the sale of the property.   

Quoting ChromeCowgirl37:

I think it's too late to file a quit claim, because one would think, 5 years later, the bank has foreclosed and resold the property. I haven't had an attorney for 4 years, the bankruptcy was discharged in March of 2009. And when we filed for divorce we just did a summary dissolution, where he assumed the mortgage and payment. (I am not on the loan because I wasn't even working when we bought the house, I was only on title.) So I am not sure what they can really do anyway...

Quoting steviechick:

ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Nothing. This Notice is all I've gotten, so maybe the bank didn't sell off the house... Idk...
Quoting steviechick:

So since you aren't on the loan then you have no financial obligation.  But, since you are on the title you should have received something about the sale of the property.   

Quoting ChromeCowgirl37:

Quoting steviechick:

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN