Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Would you...second opinion

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

Now we are not together things have gotten complicated. Well, for starters my child is being watched by her great aunt while I'm working. The great aunt is bd aunt which bd lives with. Im I wrong for wanting to have a break from seeing him(bd) for  weeks  or possibly months. The sight of him pisses me off but if I have some time to myself maybe things will get better. By the way it's only temporary.Every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...I can't stand it for now at least. However the great aunt is a big help, I don't think she knows how much this emotionally draining to me.

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM
It is good you do have some help for now.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM

well if you got the help take it.  not sure what you are asking our opinions on though.  lol but then again it's late

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Be glad for the help. We all had kids with people we probably wouldn't do again but we did and its now about the kids not you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:13 AM

be thankful for the help!

v2011
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

So you want a break from the father of your kid but his great aunt helps you out a lot taking care of your baby? Right?

Maybe drop a few hints to the aunt and see how she responds.  That need for a break may not go away.  Tell your guy you need a little time to yourself because you are overwhelmed or something.  He doesn't have to know he is the real reason right away, or at least until you firgure out what you need. 

steviechick
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Be thankful for the help.  Daycares are expensive. 

As far as the arrangment with the BD's aunt, just drop off the baby and pick him up.  Keep it to a minimal visit.  How long is the BD going to live with the aunt?

lalalucylala
by Lillian Justice on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:36 PM
IDK ...I think until he finds a place of his own.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Right now be happy to get all the help you can. Eventually you will get over your ex and him being around won't bother you too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN