Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you still date a guy if your kids don't like him?

Posted by   + Show Post
My kids dad and I broke up about 2 years now. I'm dating a new guy who loves my kids like his own. Now we live together and I'm starting to see he is getting too comfortable. My 5 year old daughter doesn't like him and my 2 year old son is ok but sometimes when we go to the store he doesn't want him to touch the basket. We were engaged for a few months but I called it off since we were having problems. Now I'm wondering if I should stay with him because I don't want to be with someone if my kids are uncomfortable with him. I NEED HELP!!!
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Replies (31-35):
happinessforyou
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I would not have moved him in. There is nothing wrong with you dating someone and keeping that relationship away from your kids. GL

steviechick
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM

hugs

Bribriesmom
by Valentina on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I agree with this. You are jumping into another relationship when your wounds haven't healed from the divorce. Your kids come first, take care of you emotionally. Men can sense fragility and a weakness. You need time alone, time to breathe and make sure you and your kids adjust before you get married again. SLOW DOWN.

Quoting krisnkids:

Broke up with dad for 2 years, living with bf, engaged for a few months, broke it off. To me it sounds like you need to slow down and take a huge step back. When children are involvd you need to move at a snails pace. From the sounds of it you are moving with traffic so to speak. If you are no longer engaged with bf then you need to be living on your own with your kids the priority. If bf is worth his weight then he will understand that the kids need to come first. If he doesn't support it then you need to drop him and focus on kids. Date for fun, live, and adjust.

cboutain
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:38 PM
They all play together and stuff but I think she's saying that because sometimes she wants her way but she didn't give me a real answer. Yea I still have a little feelings for my bd but he's the past and I'm over it.
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Never

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)