Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Airing dirty laundry...

Posted by   + Show Post

My oldest son's dad and his fiancee have been fighting this week and she's been posting all over Facebook (nothing specific, just a lot of weird meems and things like "I hate my life", or sharing that she's having a bad day so she's drinking).  

It makes me feel weird knowing that they are having that much trouble, but even weirder that she's not shy about telling the whole world about their troubles.

So my question is.... when things aren't going well (or even when they are) do you share it with a lot of people or are you more private about things like this?

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
AmbitiousMomma
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I'm very private when it comes to my personal life. Sharing that kind of information just makes things worst because sooner or later your going to have people talking about you.

Mom-does-hair
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I might say I'm having a bad day, but never details and my closest buddies will usually text me. Then we talk. Lol
JakobsMom03
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I share good times, and happy news, but I do not air family drama on FB. If I need to vent I call my best friend, or my sister. Easy as that.
vbway
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I don't post or share personal business. I am very private. My husband and I had a difficult marriage. My in laws knew there were problems before we got married but never seemed to care when I tried to talk to them. So I started not telling them anything. Of course things got worse as the years went on. We divorced after being together almost 13 years. My ex in-laws felt completely blind sided. I think deep down, they knew that we still had the same issues as before we got married, but they never would admit that their baby was an abusive ass hole. 

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Some people just thrive on telling their whole lives with everyone. Sounds like she's wanting attention. Sharing some stuff on facebook is fine. Not everyone wants the whole world to know their problems. Most people will keep relationship issues to themselves or talk to someone close. I'd just try to stay out of it. She obviously thrives on attention and drama.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM

i will post, bad day or don't feel good.  but i don't go into details. 

on the flipside, i will post good things too. 

i mostly post about my kids though

ChromeCowgirl37
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I am an open book. I am one of those people that a lot of people hate because of it. I vent. It's what I do. Sometimes it is in search of support or justification, sometimes in search of advice, and sometimes, it is simply to call someone out. My whole philosophy is you are more than welcome to ignore it, or if you are worried about what I might say about, act the way you want to be portrayed. There is a quote, "You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, the should've acted better." I firmly believe this. There are some things I choose to keep quiet, and there are some people whose feelings I am concerned enough about to not put them on blast. But if I am going through something, and hurting, chances are I am going to at least allude to it....

Cheyenne Fall Risk Anderson

Admin Roller Derby Mamas

www.cafemom.com/group/ACTIVEDerbyMamas

Delila12
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I'm private. I don't share anything with anyone.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM

i definitely do not post passive aggressive statuses on fb. i will vent to friends, so im not ultra private, but not to EVERYONE.

MY SO is pretty private, he doesnt like talking about issues to anyone.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Right!  And, not only that, but if they work things out now people are going to think bad about him and/or regret that they may have said negative things about him to her.

Quoting AmbitiousMomma:

I'm very private when it comes to my personal life. Sharing that kind of information just makes things worst because sooner or later your going to have people talking about you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)